Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tungsten powder as buffer weights?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    These appear to be solid steel buffers with NO movable weights.

They really have no business calling these H3 buffers.
    Those solid steel buffers suck big time. They bounce like a basketball.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Of course. Well I guess at least I found out here.

Feedback Score
    I just noticed that ar15discounts has a deal today on KAK H2 buffers for $13

https://ar15discounts.com/products/kak-ar-15-h2-heavy-buffer/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I am a cheapskate, and have better things to spend money on.
    Even feeding a rifle a steady diet of Silver Bear, after factoring in the cost (and time) of troubleshooting ammunition, just get an H2 buffer
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlew View Post
    I just noticed that ar15discounts has a deal today on KAK H2 buffers for $13

https://ar15discounts.com/products/k...-heavy-buffer/
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Ordered 4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    The ST-T2 has gained a reputation for increasing Bolt bounce and introducing issues that previously were not a factor. I wouldn’t recommend tungsten fill. Why not just get an H2/3 buffer?
    So anyway, what does “bolt bounce” cause, in the aspect of wear? I’m trying to find any sign of wear, but nothing yet out of the ordinary has been found.

I ordered 4 KAK h2 buffers instead of 3, because frankly….your reply about the st-t2 bothered me to the point that it’s getting replaced with a KAK h2.
    I also plan to get enough tungsten weights, to configure all the buffers I own, including the st-t2.

Feedback Score
    So anyway, what does “bolt bounce” cause, in the aspect of wear? I’m trying to find any sign of wear, but nothing yet out of the ordinary has been found.

I ordered 4 KAK h2 buffers instead of 3, because frankly….your reply about the st-t2 bothered me to the point that it’s getting replaced with a KAK h2.
    I also plan to get enough tungsten weights, to configure all the buffers I own, including the st-t2.
    If its not in a machinegun, ussually nothing, though it COULD bounce it out of battery. Pretty unlikely though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's not a wear issue to my knowledge. It's annoying and distracting as f@#k when you can feel it though. And your BCG starts to act like an inertia bullet puller when it's bad enough. There's no upside to running a shitty buffer, and since the right buffer is like 30-40 bucks, it's not really a part I'd try to work around.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's not a wear issue to my knowledge. It's annoying and distracting as f@#k when you can feel it though. And your BCG starts to act like an inertia bullet puller when it's bad enough. There's no upside to running a shitty buffer, and since the right buffer is like 30-40 bucks, it's not really a part I'd try to work around.
    Well I ordered 4 today shipped for $64 total. For many reasons, I’m glad I created this post.
    Thanks.
    But, I am wondering if this st-t2 test was preformed with a MilSpec buffer spring? I’m curious how having a Tubbs speed lock would alter the results of that test?
    I personally have noticed zero bounce….that doesn’t mean it’s not there by any means.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-18-23 at 12:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12