Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt's response to my complaint about Brownell's 14.5 and 11.5 barrels...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt Secondary feed ramps, hand finished by a craftsman. Like hand porting the intake tracks of a cylinder head. OP returned GREAT barrels. Then started another thread about it.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 10-16-21 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Colt has not test fired squat (for the commercial market at least) in many years. Pretty easy to tell if you look at the gas port on 'new' rifles from the inside with a good borescope.

They are doing the dremel monkey thing without any clue if it is 'needed' or not. And it is not needed...
    Agreed. Not needed. And was never needed on any select fire Colt I owned or sold during 24 years FFL/SOT II.

Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Colt Secondary feed ramps, hand finished by a craftsman. Like hand porting the intake tracks of a cylinder head. OP returned GREAT barrels. Then started another thread about it.
    You wouldn't know a great barrel if it were up your ---

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Also... Why when I purchase a bolt gun barrel that work done by hand after the barrel comes out of the machines is considered a good thing, but if Colt does it it's a reject barrel?
    Didja see the pics? If not you're not qualified to comment.

Isnt that basically the same response that everyone in the initial thread told you?
    The difference between what "everyone" and Colt told me is Colt told me the barrels were rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Ehhhhhhh I understand your frustration but the last paragraph was unnecessarily cringey. I could see that ACTION (not threat of action) being justified if they ignore your second email or provide unacceptable answers, but to threaten such a dramatic action without even asking for a simple exchange or remedy was a little much.
    Next time I'll have you proof read it.

I just checked my duty rifle (6920) from circa 2011ish. Has similar type marks. Also has over 10k rounds through it and I cant remember a single malfunction. We are getting new rifles soon and Im buying this one back from the retailer doing the contract/trade. We've been through a lot together and I trust it with my life, literally. Ill gladly pay over market value for it.
    Back up this claim of "similar type marks". Post pics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling or just suffering from battered wife syndrome. Lol.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What was the OPs name last time he was here?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see in their response that Colt recommends Arms Unlimited as another source for barrels that might be more “visually acceptable” as that’s where I got my 14.5” Colt barrel with ugly feed ramps that appear to have been hand filed. While I found this disappointing when I noticed it, its got a few hundred rounds through it now and thus far functions fine so I really don’t care.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What was the OPs name last time he was here?
    Brandon?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    How times have changed. I can remember when many howled at other manufacturers who dremeled (aka hand fitted feed ramps). I've handled many Colts in 32 years with the USG and never seen a problem with feedramps. If the OP had an issue with his purchase why not just get your refund and move on. I would imagine the person checking the Colt customer service emails probably has no idea what one feedramp looks like from another. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot View Post
    The difference between what "everyone" and Colt told me is this; Colt told me the barrels were rejects.
    Can you share the pictures again?

Curious how much 'work' they did on your barrels.

Feedback Score
    I have a Colt M4 barrel from a complete rifle that was obviously hand-Dremeled. In fact it almost came to a point in the top center between the two grooves and the metal was shiny (i.e. it was done after parkerizing). Works fine for the limited number of rounds I have through it. I wondered about it and read where some barrels indeed require a little hand-finishing and that it was not unusual.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-16-21 at 21:14.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot View Post
    Back up this claim of "similar type marks". Post pics.

Hope he shares pictures as well...

The mods might not lock and kill this thread if guys are posting pictures of actual examples they have bought and explaining why they think it may be messed up?

All pictures above are Colt. The bottom picture is a 6920. Not nearly as bad on that 6920 as some pictures I have seen shared online...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast