Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState
    First thing first .....got to move away from the UAW. Make the original plant a museum and move production to a friendly state.

Second obviously offer some other options but keep the menu small. In addition to the 6920 and what they have now, make the CCU the flagships rifle, and offer a MK 18 type rifle and upper, a precision rifle that has Colt Defense pedigree, and an 11.5%u201D AR Pistol. Get rid of all the %u201Cmagpul%u201D editions which are not really additional models.

Offer medium and light weight barrels with mid length gas systems on all the civilian models.

And make parts easily accessible. They could make a killing focusing on parts.
    They can do better than a midlength with a FF tube as the flagship piece... They have a fully ambi lower receiver and monolithic uppers for cryin' out loud. I know they don't want to pay LMT royalties on the uppers but what's holding back the lower?

Spit out some M5/IC lowers and throw on a CCU or EPR upper. What's so damn hard Hartford?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    A lesson learned from the last hurrah of Heritage Boeing in the '90s on the 777 program. Even though BA is a closed union shop, Alan Mulally's people in Everett would far exceed the letter of the contract and work like slaves for him because they knew he was loyal to them in return, doing things like giving up his bonuses to keep his people who would've been downsized on the payroll and opening the 777 rollout to all when the norm on such events has been "VIPs by invite only."
    Ok that’s pretty baller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    So.....no more "Buy a 6920, TDP,....blah, blah... buy once cry once....."

Oh Well....
    Yea Colt went out of business but right before they bought all their rifles back.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wish to address this.
    You wanna know why my go to gun is my Colt?
    Because in the almost 20 years I have had it, it still just works. I’ve changed the stock and put on a KAC FF RAS but aside from a future rebarrel there is nothing wrong with it. I like my KAC and my HK(may like it more once I get it properly configured) but I don’t really need to just keep buying ARs after ARs after ARs.

Honestly if it were my only rifle; I would not feel bad or at a disadvantage. People just wanna hate or be different.

If I didn’t get “into” guns; it would likely be my only rifle.

They have been reasonably priced and I doubt the slowdown is forever.

It’s not just a rollmark.
    Any company that has gone out of it's way to SCREW American gun owners more than once (large pin lowers, "smart guns", now this..)- I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD THEIR PRODUCT IS!

You can spin this any way you want but bottom line- COLT IS NO FRIEND OF GUN OWNERS, they can go under as far as I'm concerned and I won't shed a tear. I'm sure the apologists will be by shortly but it's talking out of both sides of your mouth to say you support the Second Amendment and companies that undermine it.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yea Colt went out of business but right before they bought all their rifles back.
    Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to buy them from pre sell out stocks- at stupidly inflated prices for a long time. I'll buy FN's if I need an M4 type rifle-- they are an M4 supplier to Uncle Sam who meets all the TDP as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to buy them from pre sell out stocks- at stupidly inflated prices for a long time. I'll buy FN's if I need an M4 type rifle-- they are an M4 supplier to Uncle Sam who meets all the TDP as well.
    I don't know about inflated or not inflated. Irrelevant to me. If it's in my price range I'll buy, if not I won't loose sleep. Or I'll just buy used police ones. Or not!

Commercial FNs are not the same ones they supply to the military

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...r-own-AR/page2

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...han-preference
    Last edited by Arik; 09-17-19 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    HAS ANYONE ESTABLISHED THIER OFFICIAL POSITION ON THIS BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN .MIL CONTRACT RELATED?

NO?

Holy crap people. Take a Xanax and breath

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't know about inflated or not inflated. Irrelevant to me. If it's in my price range I'll buy, if not I won't loose sleep. Or I'll just buy used police ones. Or not!
    I look at firearms as simple tools. They aren't magic talismans whose logo somehow imbues them with magical properties. If you have two identically spec'd weapons I think it's foolish to pay substantially more for one than another....I can see if there is a logo you like etc...paying a little more etc...branding is a thing, but I'm not paying a substantial premium over a comparable product. It's a free country of course and people can do whatever they want...for now...supporting companies that undermine those freedoms seems counterproductive though for some reason.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    HAS ANYONE ESTABLISHED THIER OFFICIAL POSITION ON THIS BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN .MIL CONTRACT RELATED?

NO?

Holy crap people. Take a Xanax and breath

Yea, Yea, I'm sure that's it. I mean, they haven't had the contract since 2013 so the sudden urgency seems like a really legitimate reason......Say, you seem like a nice fellow, are into real estate speculation? I have a bridge you might be interested in, high traffic area etc.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm quite disappointed with what FN decided to put together for our market. A Ruger or S&W is probably closer to meeting the TDP.

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast