Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: best handguns under the harshest weather ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Were those pistols using the same recoil springs throughout the testing or were the pistols undergoing some regular maintenance?

I like torture tests but it is more realistic to do at least simple maintenance such as replacing recoil springs every 5000 rds or such. I would imagine that would help the slides and frames last even longer. No doubt the HK pistols are brutes either way.
    The links provided above give you all the info. Maintenance, lubrication, parts broken/replaced, round count, average round count per session, avg round count per hour, etc

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    OP has been banned as a Nigerian scammer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Okay, I'm dying to know how you caught him. IP address gave away his location?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    for real? like as in from actual Nigeria?

Anyways....as someone who has had to stand outside in the rain a lot with a holstered gun. You cannot go wrong with Glock. Or any decent made pistol but especially Glock. When I had a Smith 45 or a Beretta...I would just wipe it down with CLP and put either rod oil or lube on slide after shift. most of the time the ammo would be fine if mag was seated

I worked during a hurricane (well tropical storm by that point) with a smith 45. I always kept lube, clp, and white oily boys t shirt in a ziploc bag in my duffel. Still do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Okay, I'm dying to know how you caught him. IP address gave away his location?
    I saw one for sale add that was about $300 - $500 underpriced

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    ooooooh.....
    effing around with ee is a huge cardinal sin

F that guy then

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great. I just sent him a couple AR's and all my spare cash to help get the Prince out of the country/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    ooooooh.....
    effing around with ee is a huge cardinal sin

F that guy then
    A mint PSL with paperwork, 4 mags, pouch, scope for a G!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't understand. He's only been here a short while, maybe he didn't know what he had or how much it was worth? Maybe he just really wanted to move it? I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Where's the beef..?
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    I don't understand. He's only been here a short while, maybe he didn't know what he had or how much it was worth? Maybe he just really wanted to move it? I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Where's the beef..?
    Doubtful.

1.This place isn't really into those type of rifles so it wouldn't matter how long he's here for. An AK related forum would be have a better chance of sale
    2. You're smart enough to get around forums but dumb enough not to know how to find out current market value?
    2a. If you need to sell fast usually you say so.
    3. Low post count. Just enough to be able to post for sale. Typically means you're trying to make money, whether just price gouging or flat out scamming.

That rifle by it's self is about $1300 - $1500 Mags are $50+ each last time I checked, probably more now (EDIT just checked, $80). Let's assume one comes with the gun, that's 3 extra at another $240 The scope is a few hundred. So by now you're close to $2000. If you need money that fast that you're willing to take almost 50% off just take it to a gun store!
    Last edited by Arik; 04-10-19 at 20:12.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast