Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah I get it. I don't mind spending smart money and always buy complete mfg assembled lowers. These higher priced items from LMT/KAC are proven, validated systems. Not saying they're perfect, but to my knowledge PSA isn't fulfilling any .mil contracts, the other two are.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    So a military contract is your standard of measure? My BCG is Toolcraft, the original fcg was mil-spec. All the forgings are 7075 T6. What parts concern you? I have fired 5 or 6 brands of ammo. No problem. I understand they had problems in the past. Who hasn't? My big dollar AR-15 is my Colt 6920LE. Not big money to some. It's warranty has run out. All my PSA's won't. I have a direct line to get anything fixed. I'm not happy my ar10 has a stainless barrel., Not a problem to change.we have the technology to do that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    So a military contract is your standard of measure? My BCG is Toolcraft, the original fcg was mil-spec. All the forgings are 7075 T6. What parts concern you? I have fired 5 or 6 brands of ammo. No problem. I understand they had problems in the past. Who hasn't? My big dollar AR-15 is my Colt 6920LE. Not big money to some. It's warranty has run out. All my PSA's won't. I have a direct line to get anything fixed. I'm not happy my ar10 has a stainless barrel., Not a problem to change.we have the technology to do that.
    Large frame AR parts are a “whatever sells” spec unless you’re buying from a reputable company. I wouldn’t put a toolcraft carrier in the same league as a Knights or LMT enhanced carrier. There is no commercial standard for .308 bolts, so who knows what you get. Who knows how it fits with a commercial upper from a budget manufacture that has an equally ambiguous spec.

Upper and lower forging material is usually the least of my worries when buying a rifle as everyone and their mother has 7075 forgings. Mil-spec fire control group? What military spec for a .308? An AR-15 fire control group isn’t mil-spec unless it’s 3-round burst or full auto. For semi-auto it would be a Knights or HK (or LMT).

How is head space? Chamber? Gas port? Firing pin hole? Accuracy? PSA has time and time again shown not to have consistency in key areas.

I have a lot of experience with PSA’s PA-10 and their customer service. The rifle is a joke. They couldn’t fix mine and when I told them what issues it had they gave me what amounted to a blank stare. I sold it with full disclosure to a guy who just wanted to turn money into noise, which is all PSA is good for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good folks do it all the time, but I’m not buying an AR10 that isn’t complete from the factory. There is so much cornfusion with the large frame AR’s, not me. I think RoberttheTexan and others have crushed it, but I just can’t make that gamble.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So a military contract is your standard of measure?
    Nope, the quick change barrel system, mlok rail, dmr stock, ambi controls all add up to a very versatile rifle system, bought as a 20" 308 mlok sniper, reconfigured as a pic rail 20" 6.5CM with a 16" 308 mlok counterpart. Function is guaranteed, if I have a problem LMT will correct it. LMT isn't perfect, I have an ambi 5.56 lower that won't lock back, I've had a 5.56 ejector roll pin break jamming up in the barrel extension, Gene fixed it. My satisfaction with their lowers sold me on LMT quality, then came the MRP/MWS quick change barrels. Good stuff.

EDIT: When I ordered my Sniper it was maybe 6 weeks out, so getting antsy I found a very clean used LMT 308 16" MWS and absolutely loved shooting that rifle. Sold it after I reconfigured the sniper, but sold it for about what I had in it.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 07-23-20 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    ... I’m not buying an AR10 that isn’t complete from the factory. There is so much cornfusion with the large frame AR’s, not me. I think RoberttheTexan and others have crushed it, but I just can’t make that gamble.

PB

Right there with ya PB. Part of the reason I went with a SCAR 17 back in 2012 - LMT was a piggy with no lightweight options, KAC was pretty much unobtainium, and everything else seemed like a big roll of the dice. Did the same recently with the Colt CM762 and will likely again someday with a LMT/KAC rifle.

Feedback Score
    I do feel like ArmaLite should not be overlooked. Their SuperSASS is about to hit gen 2, which I'd have been very interested if I felt I had the luxury of waiting. Goddamn election...

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I know a standard AR-15 fcg fits. So plenty of choices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know a standard AR-15 fcg fits. So plenty of choices.
    As it does in KAC, LMT, DD, and LaRue large frame gas guns.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Decent Range session today with my OBR. I did finally find a load that it did not like, factory Federal Gold Medal Match 175 SMK. Those bullets barely make 2400 fps and do not have enough power to push the bolt back far enough to strip another round from the magazine. They do run fine suppressed though. Otherwise, it has eaten every hand load or factory ammo that I have fed it.

Other than the 2 fliers, great 10 shot group with 168 SMK.

Again, a nasty flier but still a good group with 178 ELD-X. This will be my go to load. Time to hunt some pork.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast