Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Great looking build! Is that a UBR gen 2 stock? If so, what buffer and spring are you running in it?
    Thanks Hammer! Yes it is the UBR Gen2. I’m using a Sprinco Red and. KAK Heavy Buffer, plus the UBR spacer. Since the KAK Heavy is a .308 carbine buffer it’s shorter than a standard AR-15 carbine buffer.

I’ll tell you what, I’ve shot carbine gas AR-15’s that had more felt recoil than my DMR. It is an excellent shooting AR. Gas block is full open with half a turn closed.

I am curious though how an H3 or H4 might shoot....I happen to have one of each and am thinking of testing them out. Just to increase my own knowledge. I really could not be happier with how my rifle performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Was able to complete my build this weekend. Now if I can just get out to the range and see how it does; that’d be great!

Build List:

Upper
    -Aero M5 Upper Receiver
    -Aero Ejection Port Cover and Forward Assist
    -SLR Rifleworks 15” ION MLOK
    -Faxon Firearms 16” .308 Medium Taper Barrel
    -Faxon Firearms Complete BCG
    -Silencerco ASR Brake
    -BCM Gas Block

Lower
    -Aero M5 Lower Receiver
    -Aero LPK For Pins, Springs, End Plate, Castle Nut
    -BCM PNT Trigger
    -BAD ASS Safety Selector
    -Forward Controls EMR-C
    -Forward Controls 10.2lb Magazine Catch Spring
    -Forward Controls ABC/R
    -VLTOR A5
    -Armalite AR-10 Buffer Spring
    -H3 Buffer

GREAT JOB on your build!!! Looks great LA!
    I like your choice of parts also. I have my ABC/R sitting on my counter right now.

You did a really awesome job and I think you’re going to be very pleased with it. Give me a shout if you want some good shops to buy ammo from. Unless you already have your own guys.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    GREAT JOB on your build!!! Looks great LA!
    I like your choice of parts also. I have my ABC/R sitting on my counter right now.

You did a really awesome job and I think you’re going to be very pleased with it. Give me a shout if you want some good shops to buy ammo from. Unless you already have your own guys.

Thank you! I really like how it turned out. There’s only 2 things I’m unsure about: the muzzle brake and the gas block. I don’t really intend on shooting this suppressed a lot, so I may end up switching out the brake for an ASR flash hider. Even though I don’t intend on shooting it suppressed much, I still want to maintain that ability so I may switch out the gas block for an adjustable one down the line.

If you have some good leads on ammo, let me know!

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

S&W M&P10
    Custom Midwest Industries MLOK rail
    AXTS Radian Raptor charging handle
    Magpul UBR2
    Trijicon TA11C
    LMT folding sights
    Surefire Scout M600U

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Thank you! I really like how it turned out. There’s only 2 things I’m unsure about: the muzzle brake and the gas block. I don’t really intend on shooting this suppressed a lot, so I may end up switching out the brake for an ASR flash hider. Even though I don’t intend on shooting it suppressed much, I still want to maintain that ability so I may switch out the gas block for an adjustable one down the line.

If you have some good leads on ammo, let me know!

This is the ammo that I use and what was recommended to me for my DMR by the good guys. I’ve tried other ammo from Sportsmanguide, it it turned out to be a lame duck. it was called Hirtenberger Surplus. Waste of money IMO.

For your precision, sub MOA work:175gr Federal SMK Match ammo
    200rd/$199.90
    My DMR loves his stuff like a Texan loves bbq brisket.

For plinking/other training: MEN 147gr 7.62x51
    340/$179 (about .55/rd)
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-wi...n-2016-men762a

My DMR also likes the MEN ammo. For the price I believe it’s one of the best you can buy. It’s decently accurate, definitely enough so for me to train with using my plates.

I’ve got dorm Freedom Munitions 175 that I’m in the process of testing. It’s a good price too. However, I have it been using Freedom for a while. But I’m going to give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Thanks Hammer! Yes it is the UBR Gen2. I’m using a Sprinco Red and. KAK Heavy Buffer, plus the UBR spacer. Since the KAK Heavy is a .308 carbine buffer it’s shorter than a standard AR-15 carbine buffer.

I’ll tell you what, I’ve shot carbine gas AR-15’s that had more felt recoil than my DMR. It is an excellent shooting AR. Gas block is full open with half a turn closed.

I am curious though how an H3 or H4 might shoot....I happen to have one of each and am thinking of testing them out. Just to increase my own knowledge. I really could not be happier with how my rifle performs.

You're running a rifle length gas system correct? I've built two 18" mid length 308s in the past. The first one I used a DPMS 308 carbine buffer, with a 308 carbine spring, and it had a pretty soft recoil. The second one I used a Vltor RE10 buffer tube, an Armalite buffer spring, and an H3 buffer. That one had a decent recoil, but in my mind I felt the other gun was softer. That may be due to the barrel in the first one being made by Blackhole, as most people say they're soft shooters. I was always curious to see how the second gun would have performed with an H4 buffer, but I had to sell it due to money problems.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This is the ammo that I use and what was recommended to me for my DMR by the good guys. I’ve tried other ammo from Sportsmanguide, it it turned out to be a lame duck. it was called Hirtenberger Surplus. Waste of money IMO.

For your precision, sub MOA work:175gr Federal SMK Match ammo
    200rd/$199.90
    My DMR loves his stuff like a Texan loves bbq brisket.

For plinking/other training: MEN 147gr 7.62x51
    340/$179 (about .55/rd)
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-wi...n-2016-men762a

My DMR also likes the MEN ammo. For the price I believe it’s one of the best you can buy. It’s decently accurate, definitely enough so for me to train with using my plates.

I’ve got dorm Freedom Munitions 175 that I’m in the process of testing. It’s a good price too. However, I have it been using Freedom for a while. But I’m going to give it a go.

Solid advise from Texas, SG ammo is good to go and his choices are just as solid. Ive never run the freedom stuff yet either. I honestly believe just about anyone that stuffs a SMK into a piece of decent brass, its going to do pretty good.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-10-17 at 10:56.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

ACC on an MWS lower

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Solid advise from Texas, SG ammo is good to go and his choices are just as solid. Ive never run the freedom stuff yet either. I honestly believe just about anyone that stuffs a SMK into a piece of decent brass, its going to do pretty good.

PB
    Totally agree PB. I’m expecting it to perform well (the Freedom ammo). I have ran 750 rounds of Freedoms 69gr BTHP and also 600 of their 77gr OTM mostly through my SPR, and both have been a good grouping ammo and pretty consistent which is as important as tight groups. Not a Black Hills, but I’ve picked it up for about .39/rd also.

Is even be happen if the Freedom groups tight up to a certain range. Then I’ll use it within its parameters and then when I can really stretch my legs out to 800+, use the Federal SMK. I’m thinking the lower PPR of the Freedom has to show up somewhere...
    I’ll know more when I shoot the Freedom 175, hopefully tomorrow.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Totally agree PB. I’m expecting it to perform well (the Freedom ammo). I have ran 750 rounds of Freedoms 69gr BTHP and also 600 of their 77gr OTM mostly through my SPR, and both have been a good grouping ammo and pretty consistent which is as important as tight groups. Not a Black Hills, but I’ve picked it up for about .39/rd also.

Is even be happen if the Freedom groups tight up to a certain range. Then I’ll use it within its parameters and then when I can really stretch my legs out to 800+, use the Federal SMK. I’m thinking the lower PPR of the Freedom has to show up somewhere...
    I’ll know more when I shoot the Freedom 175, hopefully tomorrow.

I dunno if y'all are talking freedom 175 reloads but mine are terrible

Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast