Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    If the military adopts it to replace the 5.56, I'm in!

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Verde View Post
    This isn’t going to happen. The M4/M4A1 isn’t going anywhere for the general purpose force. 6 ARC is really there to fill a specific SOF requirement and will do extremely well in its role.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    This isn’t going to happen. The M4/M4A1 isn’t going anywhere for the general purpose force. 6 ARC is really there to fill a specific SOF requirement and will do extremely well in its role.
    It will be interesting to see what happens. Will the ARC bleed over to other units? I imagine so if it does "extremely well in its role."

In some ways it makes more sense than the new HK 417 DMR.

Outside of military use I wonder what will become of it. Does it have a future as a law enforcement cartridge? Maybe although I don't think most departments will need 1,000 yard capabilities. Still, it may catch on in the police sniper role.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Agreed. And frankly, it doesn't matter what they issue, it's not going to perform any different or better with the amount of training offered to the general force. I remember back when everyone was holding their breath over whether 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel was going to finally save us all...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    NGSW has a shot a replacing the M4. If NGSW moves to full-on procurement a 6.8 NGSW round will come with it. 6ARC is not a thing in Big Green.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Verde View Post
    Said everyone in 2006 re: 6.8 SPC.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Yep. 🙂

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe a bit technical for guys who don't care about reloading but good info:

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    who makes the best type 2 grendel bolts? Are solgws grendel bcgs type 2?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    info from hodge 18" proof barrel testing and lantac usa testing.
    Attachment 62935
    Attachment 62936
    Attachment 62937

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast