Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vasper, a breakthrough in fitness?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Vasper, a breakthrough in fitness?

Vasper is an exercise machine that employs several approaches that have shown promise in studies for improving performance, health, body composition, strength, and recuperation. Those are compression/occlusion, cooling, and intervals. All three of those modalities have shown beneficial effects in studies, but it should be noted studies are ongoing.

Vasper combines all three into a single machine, which seemingly allows a greater response to exercise in a shorter time period. Some major organizations, such as NASA, Texas Rangers, United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and various other groups and teams employ Vasper directly and or are researching the possible benefits. Several small pilot studies have shown some impressive hormonal effects, in the form of increased testosterone and IGF-1 and decreased cortisol levels.

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/general-hea...gh-in-fitness/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome write up, Will!

Really liked seeing the pictures of you all "hooked-up" within that machine.

Aside from your feedback within the article, do you see these newer machines being the "go to" machines for a lot of Organizations and future gyms (once they become price efficient and widely available)?

How about in terms of market and competition? Are a lot of companies taking research monies and investing them into making "efficient workout" machines versus "targeted" machines?

I imagine the combination of machines as been happening for as long as they've existed, but it seems like this takes it to another level.

Thanks for your time and insight, twas a great read.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Awesome write up, Will!

Really liked seeing the pictures of you all "hooked-up" within that machine.

Aside from your feedback within the article, do you see these newer machines being the "go to" machines for a lot of Organizations and future gyms (once they become price efficient and widely available)?
    Good Q. Wish I had a good answer. Gyms and such are usually looking for what's marketable and cost effective vs effective per se. Maybe there will be a gym with a room full of those machines some time, but that will depend on marketing and costs, etc. I don't know what a unit costs, so hard to say what may end up in popular gyms vs sports teams, rehab clinics, etc. The site lists places using it or researching it. Looks like some VA's are using them. If more data develops showing benefits, that too will determine growth and popularity. Some gizmos either don't come down far enough to be main stream, some don't due to lack of marketing traction and such.

Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    How about in terms of market and competition? Are a lot of companies taking research monies and investing them into making "efficient workout" machines versus "targeted" machines?

I imagine the combination of machines as been happening for as long as they've existed, but it seems like this takes it to another level.

Thanks for your time and insight, twas a great read.
    It's more smoke and mirrors and marketing BS than science vast majority of the time, and something one can do themselves without the overhyped gizmo. Even in this case, one could do all of that on their own if there were really determined, but Vasper seems to have combined approaches that at least have good data. What needs to happen now is, more data using that combo machine vs other stuff. Considering the deep pockets of the groups already using it, I'd hope to see that soon. What's interesting to note is some very high level athletes see improvements in performance using the Vasper, so it may be as much a tool for recoup/healing as it is for a primary mode of exercise. Tons of vids etc to check out on their site.

Competition wise, I have not looked.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-02-18 at 15:33.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Appreciate the great responses.

Interesting to see where this leads when more data is available.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Interesting. Although I like breaking a sweat when I work out. I hate it when the gym I go to has the fans on. I'm trying to sweat and they are blowing air on me. Good way to get sick and I hate being sick.

Also you gotta look at how cost effective this machine will be. I don't imagine they are going to be cheap.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Oh yea, I remember this from 1965 when they called it a Universal Machine. Squirrels love machines.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Interesting. Although I like breaking a sweat when I work out. I hate it when the gym I go to has the fans on. I'm trying to sweat and they are blowing air on me. Good way to get sick and I hate being sick.
    I hate that feeling myself. Not trying to be pedantic but it won't make you sick though. Most likely thing to make you sick at the gym would be contact and airborne exposure to infectious disease at the gym. Think of everyone in tight spaces, coughing and sneezing, handling gym equipment and not washing hands.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Also you gotta look at how cost effective this machine will be. I don't imagine they are going to be cheap.
    Workout harder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's not about keeping you cool for comfort, it's about the science. A number of studies find cooling improves endurance, and fans don't cut it. One hypothesis being that getting hot enough to sweat means the body has to shunt blood to the skin and away from working muscles, reducing oxygen availability for the muscles. For example, even a cooling glove has been found to have an impact, and that's being used by some pro sports teams, mostly football I recall:

"The temperature-regulation research of Stanford biologists H. Craig Heller and Dennis Grahn has led to a device that rapidly cools body temperature, greatly improves exercise recovery, and could help explain why muscles get tired."

https://news.stanford.edu/2012/08/29...search-082912/

PS, ignore the whole "better than steroids" nonsense in that article. Per OP article, more data is needed.

I suspect it will be found in facilities that have the $, sports team, mil facilities, rehab, etc.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-03-18 at 10:44.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Oh yea, I remember this from 1965 when they called it a Universal Machine. Squirrels love machines.
    Your comment is over simplified and incorrect in this case.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-03-18 at 08:10.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast