Thread: Suppressor installion on fixed barrel question

Feedback Score

Suppressor installion on fixed barrel question

I bought a fixed barrel spacer in order to use my TiRant 9 on my Stribog.

When I thread the suppressor down, it stops turning before getting all the way to the shoulder on the barrel.

I don't want to make any assumptions and end up with a bullet striking my suppressor. Is this OK or will I need to fill the gap somehow to ensure that the suppressor is square to the barrel?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It looks like there is no relief cut on the back of the threads. I would use a spacer (and did for my Colt 901). I used the shin kit from PWS.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This may be a case of the piston being threaded for shorter pistol threads and the barrel using the longer rifle threads.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/ass..._01-040513.PDF
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd definitely use a spacer.

See if this would work based on measurements:
    https://adcofirearms.com/shop/catego...es/kac-spacer/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I looked things over more closely today. The barrel is threaded 1/2x28 RH just like an AR15 barrel. The dimensions of everything to the shoulder is virtually spot on. An AR15 flash hider installs perfectly. When I thread the suppressor down as far as it will go, there is no play at all. It's stopping at the muzzle just like it does on all of my pistols. So long as the crown is square to the bore, I should be good to go. The internal diameter of the suppressor's bullet channel is 0.400". Given that the diameter of a 9mm bullet is 0.355", the muzzle would have to be off significantly from square in order for there to be a problem. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that having the suppressor go all the way to the shoulder would be better. In theory, the shoulder might not be square to the barrel. Fact is though, both the shoulder and muzzle look to be square to the bore. I'll let y'all know what happens.

BTW, I'm not sure that the spacer would work. The part right before the shoulder is not threaded, just like an AR15 barrel. If the inside diameter is threaded throughout, it wouldn't be able to screw all the way to the shoulder.
    Last edited by Bret; 08-08-18 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I looked things over more closely today. The barrel is threaded 1/2x28 RH just like an AR15 barrel. The dimensions of everything to the shoulder is virtually spot on. An AR15 flash hider installs perfectly. When I thread the suppressor down as far as it will go, there is no play at all. It's stopping at the muzzle just like it does on all of my pistols. So long as the crown is square to the bore, I should be good to go. The internal diameter of the suppressor's bullet channel is 0.400". Given that the diameter of a 9mm bullet is 0.355", the muzzle would have to be off significantly from square in order for there to be a problem. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that having the suppressor go all the way to the shoulder would be better. In theory, the shoulder might not be square to the barrel. Fact is though, both the shoulder and muzzle look to be square to the bore. I'll let y'all know what happens.

BTW, I'm not sure that the spacer would work. The part right before the shoulder is not threaded, just like an AR15 barrel. If the inside diameter is threaded throughout, it wouldn't be able to screw all the way to the shoulder.
    The spacer isn't threaded and its inner diameter is large enough to allow it past the non threaded portion and flat against the shoulder. I've got a spacer for use on a 22LR AR15 look-alike. Same issue that you have with AR-15 length threads, but a can only meant for pistol length threads.
    Last edited by Aries144; 08-09-18 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    This should do the job.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    OP send me a PM. I have a 1/2x28 spacer from Gemtech that I will send you for free. Brand new. In the package. Never used it.

Feedback Score
    Aries144, thanks for the explanation.

Eurodriver, PM sent. Thanks.