Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: About the HK USP...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The paddles are the best feature of HK pistols. So natural and ergonomic.

When I shoot non paddle pistols I always find my thumb searching for the location of the button. It varies wildly from pistol to pistol. 1911’s - Sigs - Berettas not much of an issue, others require a bit of hunting.

Feedback Score
    I added a jet funnel to my USP9 Tactical SD. It's not a particularly accurate pistol, so perhaps I can get more lead downrange faster with the jet funnel.

Before:

After:

I didn't realize that H&K made a metal plastic coated magazine for the USP9 until I saw it on robertrtg.com. The jet funnel requires longer magazines, so I got one metal and two that are translucent. They hold 18rds. The two long magazines hold 31rds according to the witness holes, but the package said 30rds for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Decided to take the plunge. This is the V1 iteration, and came with three mags and night sights. It's a representative of it's time - no replaceable backstraps/side panels, no optic cut, and kind of big and clunky. I think it's great. I also note that H&K still includes an owner's manual instead of having to go online for one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I added a jet funnel to my USP9 Tactical SD. It's not a particularly accurate pistol, so perhaps I can get more lead downrange faster with the jet funnel.

Before:

After:

I didn't realize that H&K made a metal plastic coated magazine for the USP9 until I saw it on robertrtg.com. The jet funnel requires longer magazines, so I got one metal and two that are translucent. They hold 18rds. The two long magazines hold 31rds according to the witness holes, but the package said 30rds for some reason.
    Hey, I'm interested in the plastic coated steel 18 round mag. I have the translucent 18 rounder. What, if any, advantage is there to the poly coated steel mag?

Feedback Score
    I'll have to defer to others regarding the plastic versus plastic coated metal. I've never had an issue with either. My guess, and I'm just speculating here, is that perhaps HK was told by a customer that they had to have metal magazines with their contract pistols. It's definitely an interesting magazine, but I can't say that I'm going to somehow get better real-world performance out of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'll have to defer to others regarding the plastic versus plastic coated metal. I've never had an issue with either. My guess, and I'm just speculating here, is that perhaps HK was told by a customer that they had to have metal magazines with their contract pistols. It's definitely an interesting magazine, but I can't say that I'm going to somehow get better real-world performance out of it.
    Yes, a military/police contract might be to blame or perhaps the gamers? A heavier mag would, in theory, eject faster....?

Feedback Score
    I really wish the USPs were a little more affordable. Say P30 prices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will add that for me, the USP9 plastic mags, both 15rd stock and 18rd translucent J-funnel, feel a little "flimsy" to me. The black full sleeve J-funnel mags are stout and reassuring. In my experience, one of the most robust pistol magazines I've ever used.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I will add that for me, the USP9 plastic mags, both 15rd stock and 18rd translucent J-funnel, feel a little "flimsy" to me. The black full sleeve J-funnel mags are stout and reassuring. In my experience, one of the most robust pistol magazines I've ever used.
    I understand that, owning a USP 9 and several plastic 15 round mags and one plastic 18 round. They do feel unnaturally light but I have no reason to mistrust HK's engineering here. I'll probably fork over the $89 or so to get one someday...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I really wish the USPs were a little more affordable. Say P30 prices.
    Keep an eye out for a used one. They are rare, but when I've found them, they have usually been in good shape. Though most of the used ones I saw where .40.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast