Thread: Accupoint reticle options

Feedback Score

Accupoint reticle options

Decided on the Trijicon Accupoint as a CQB LVPO. I have an astigmatism so red dots are a no go. I’ve heard the triangle post is best but lacks any sort or range estimating. I’ve also heard the mill and moa versions lack a large enough dot for CQB. Anyone have experience?

Feedback Score
    Triangle all the way if you're prioritizing 1x performance with the Accupoint line. The dots I've seen aren't nearly as bright as I'd like. Honestly, most people place too much importance on ranging reticles for their actual uses anyway. If you're realistically going to be shooting from 0-300 the vast majority of the time, just choose a good zero and hold high thoracic 0-250, neck/face at 300.
    Last edited by rockapede; 03-24-20 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    Yeah the Accupoint 1-6x is optimized for 0-200m shooting. If you want more precision get the Credo 1-6x with the FFP segmented circle reticle.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    I’ve heard the triangle post is best but lacks any sort or range estimating.
    I find that the thick bar the triangle sits on top of sometimes impedes my holdover abilities on smaller targets, especially as the range increases (varmints at 100-300). Nothing terrible.

Since you say CQB, I say triangle.

Feedback Score
    Yeh I don’t know why they can’t just make that a single bar and add some stadia lines for ranging, it seems that would make all the difference.

Feedback Score
    Do you think the extra weight is worth the additional magnification and glass clarity?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Triangle all the way if you're prioritizing 1x performance with the Accupoint line. The dots I've seen aren't nearly as bright as I'd like. Honestly, most people place too much importance on ranging reticles for their actual uses anyway. If you're realistically going to be shooting from 0-300 the vast majority of the time, just choose a good zero and hold high thoracic 0-250, neck/face at 300.
    Truth.

I run a green Triangle 1-4X on a 14.5 gun. Hard for me to believe that this optic is, in fact, approaching "old School" status.
    WTFE.

I dial in tip of triangle to a 200 yd. zero. It's an effective 300 yd. reticle (as above) if a bit "coarse".

At CQB distance simply superimposing the entire triangle over COM is exceptionally fast with multiple targets.
    Not particularly precise, bit certainly "A/C" zone at speed.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    Do you think the extra weight is worth the additional magnification and glass clarity?
    Compared to what and for what purpose?

A red dot for CQB? No. Red dot all day. Brightness of dot is big, especially indoors with low light. An Accupoint triangle doesnt really glow without ambient light (it technically does, but very dim compared to a red dot). Moving through dark rooms, if you hit the flashlight the triangle looks the same black (non glowing) color as the bar it rests on.

A red dot for hunting? Yes. Ill take the weight penalty for the magnification.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Hard for me to believe that this optic is, in fact, approaching "old School" status.
    I know, right! I was thinking that same thing the other day.

Feedback Score
    The accepting is a great scope. I prefer them over a red dot. The triangle is 4.2x4.2 MOA https://www.trijicon.com/uploads/pro...R24R_TR24G.pdf

I have taken mine out to 400 on steel and had no issues using the triangle to aim with.