Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FY21 M4/M4A1 program

Feedback Score

FY21 M4/M4A1 program

I take it that, when referring to "color modifications", that means that M4A1's will leave FN's factory in a Medium Coyote Tan (or whatever) color?

"FY 2021 Base procurement dollars in the amount of $4.824 million supports the purchases of the enhanced performance magazine, the 5.56mm suppressor, components with color modifications, and the conversion of M4 to M4A1 Carbine."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ation-program/
    Last edited by Slater; 03-25-20 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    I would hazard a guess of “yes”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Which suppressor is the DOD using for this program?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. Wasn't sure they'd ever get around to going FDE/MCT for the M4s.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They should just add a "rifle painting" class in Infantry School and let people Krylon them. I'm serious. It'a a valuable way to teach understandings of how camouflage patterns work in certain environments. They'll let you rattle-can a five figure M40 system, but first sergeants have a stroke for some reason if you dare to spray paint a $500 M4. Now they wanna pay the factory to do it? Makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    They should just add a "rifle painting" class in Infantry School and let people Krylon them. I'm serious. It'a a valuable way to teach understandings of how camouflage patterns work in certain environments. They'll let you rattle-can a five figure M40 system, but first sergeants have a stroke for some reason if you dare to spray paint a $500 M4. Now they wanna pay the factory to do it? Makes no sense.
    I ASSUME that these will be anodized rather than painted. FN has this capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I ASSUME that these will be anodized rather than painted. FN has this capability.
    Yeah they did such a bang up job with the SCAR. With a $4.8 mil budget that includes optics and suppressors now sure how many they can upgrade, and "components with color modifications" what all does that include? Could just be furniture.

FY 2021 Base procurement dollars in the amount of $4.824 million supports the purchases of the enhanced performance magazine, the 5.56mm suppressor, components with color modifications, and the conversion of M4 to M4A1 Carbine.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I think most M4s have already been upgraded to A1 spec. I even see training units, Guard and Reserve units with them. Mostly I see either M4A1s with “SOCOM” barrel or beat up M16A2/A4s. Its like a generation was skipped. I might just not be paying close enough attention, though.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    You wouldn't think that there would be many M16A2's left in inventory.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    You wouldn't think that there would be many M16A2's left in inventory.
    I’m always a little surprised when I see them. Its usually non-Grunt Guard or Reserve units. Sometimes training units. I got issued one in a course in 2016 and I was super excited about it, because it started life as a M16A1 ~1969. I forgave its frequent stoppages due to it being a seasoned vet.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast