Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Feedback Score
    Another concern is that they reduced their warranty to one year
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This mindset cracks me up. It’s a $900 gun. It’s not a super complex widget, a G650 jet, or a new car. Although I’m fully aware some gun manufacturers offer a long term/lifetime warranty, I don’t get it. When my vehicle warranty expires, well, I know what I might be in for. Part of owning something mechanical.

If you don’t know in a year if your complex AR-15 doesn’t work or is causing problems, not sure what to tell you. And, for the most part, they are fairly easy to troubleshoot. Yes, there are always exceptions.

For comparison, I don’t believe BCM offers any standard term warranty. That said, they went out of their way to assist me with a wonky BCG issue I could not fix, and they were even stumped. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Another concern is that they reduced their warranty to one year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Because people will continue to move toward KAC and LMT.

Colt loses market share by the day. Removing their OEM markings from parts is another stupid decision in a long line of stupid decisions. It will cost them more sales then they will ever save.

I bought three SR-15s in the past 18 months. I knew this shit was coming when they removed the C from the carriers. I don’t see myself ever buying or building anymore Colt rifles. I have every collectible Colt rifle. Their modern fighting/duty rifles are pathetic.
    I have purchased plenty of Colt parts from you in the past, Scotty, and you are right. My safe is full of genuine Colts, both rifles and pistols, and what is going on in Hartford sucks. Who knows what the supply chain will look like in a few years?

A few weeks ago instead of buying another Colt I bought a LMT 14.5” upper and Defender lower as my new shooters. Sending off upper to get KAC NT4 flash hider pinned, and it will be my training rifle for the foreseeable future until Colt gets their heads out of their collective as*es
    Last edited by veeklog; 02-17-19 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion and you obviously have far more experience dealing with Colt beyond someone like me who owns and shoots their ARs, and have for a long time now. But, comparing a KAC SR-15 to an LE6920 is not really comparing apples to apples. Closer with the Colt v LMT but still...

And while I’m not defending Colt, calling their “modern fighting/duty rifles” pathetic because they don’t have a C or cage code mark, is well, pretty thin. You could well have other reasons for that statement and, again, your entitled to that position based on your experience.

To the general AR buyer, they do not know KAC, LMT, or even BCM. And they certainly won’t pay KAC prices. But they know Colt. I guess time will tell if QA/QC issues really surface with this “outsourcing” but considering the LE series supposedly comes off the same line, using the same sourced parts as their contract/military guns, my guess is this is the sky will not fall when it comes to Colt. Time will tell. As for me I’m done buying ARs as I have too many flavors as it is. But I am missing a 6720 in my stable.

BTW, my personal experiences with this horrible tragedy is the bolt carriers in the SOCOM I bought this summer, a Colt 14.5 SOCOM upper I bought from G&R in 2017, and a spare Colt BCG purchased from G&R this fall, don’t have a C mark.

Colt loses market share by the day. Removing their OEM markings from parts is another stupid decision in a long line of stupid decisions. It will cost them more sales then they will ever save.

I bought three SR-15s in the past 18 months. I knew this shit was coming when they removed the C from the carriers. I don’t see myself ever buying or building anymore Colt rifles. I have every collectible Colt rifle. Their modern fighting/duty rifles are pathetic.

Last edited by arptsprt; 02-17-19 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    Well, other than having the brand name on the side of the rifle, what's the point in paying a premium for a Colt?
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Well, other than having the brand name on the side of the rifle, what's the point in paying a premium for a Colt?
    Colts are really quite inexpensive considering you're getting a mil-spec rifle. You can pick up a 6920 for $800, that's hardly premium price. Are they more expensive than, say, a PSA Freedom Line rifle? Yes, but those two rifles are on two different levels. One is a combat-grade mil-spec AR15, the other is a range toy at best with inconsistent build quality.

Feedback Score

I see where you're coming from to an extent. I think it's rather stupid that they've gotten rid of the C markings and such. But does that really make them inadequate as a fighting/duty rifle? Have you seen anything that indicates lower reliability and performance from Colt lately? Honest question, it sounds like you deal with Colts on a regular basis. I'm trying to decide myself whether they're still good to go as a combat/duty rifle or not.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Colt-Now Outsourcing Almost Everything?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Colts are really quite inexpensive considering you're getting a mil-spec rifle.
    Or are we? Of what mil-spec do you speak? Chinese? Haven’t you read this thread?

I’m joking... I’m joking...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Colts are really quite inexpensive considering you're getting a mil-spec rifle. You can pick up a 6920 for $800, that's hardly premium price. Are they more expensive than, say, a PSA Freedom Line rifle? Yes, but those two rifles are on two different levels. One is a combat-grade mil-spec AR15, the other is a range toy at best with inconsistent build quality.
    You crack me up man, been rolling through here like a FNG wanking about needing 'the best most reliable rifle' and then you're waxing poetic like you know what's what. Give me a break holmes, seriously. Sit back a read awhile before opening your mouth and removing all doubt that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post

And while I’m not defending Colt, calling their “modern fighting/duty rifles” pathetic because they don’t have a C or cage code mark, is well, pretty thin.

That isn't what I said.

What I said was their "professional" line like the CCU and ERP rifles are not anywhere near KAC or DD. I do not like Colt's choice of rails on these guns. They should have used DD or Geissele rails as OEM.

The Colt M5 uses a Geissele 10" MK1 rail and of course, Colt won't release this rifle or even the upper to the market.

Colt failed to release their slick side monolith. Colt also refused to bring the Canadian MMR to the US market which is arguably the best AR-15 in the world right now.

Just a long line of errors.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast