Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Yep, 509T for the win. Make sure you get the dedicated plate; I'd recommend against stacking the Holosun adapter plate onto a Walther RMR plate.

I've got the CHPWS plate inbound. Read that was the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Does the PDP have the same issue as the PPQ of decocking the striker when the trigger is pulled while the slide is out of battery i.e. if a body contact shot is attempted.
    Yes, it does: https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...y-weapon.8531/
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    What does PDP mean?

Feedback Score
    Performance Duty Pistol

Feedback Score

Walther Arms new PDP

Glad a lot of y’all are liking the new PDP. I’m pretty much a Glock shooter with a lot of them in the safe. I also have a PPQ M2 and an XDm compact. I like them all but i shoot Glocks almost all the time. That said, I’m open to the idea of adding the PDP to my safe.

Regarding muzzle flip...what is this about? All guns have some degree of flip. Assuming the same ammo is used, three factors come to mind for me...weight of gun (especially the slide), grip angle, and shooter grip pressure. Easy answer is hold the gun tighter or get a heavier gun. When you say the Walther is more floppy than a Glock, I suspect that’s because the grip angle on the Glocks (at least for me) tend to point higher than the Walther or the XDm. That causes me to have developed a more forward, downward grip which I believe makes me kinda ‘torque down’ the front of the gun more...bracing my wrists more. Again, my perspective. But after listening to Rob Leatham on several podcasts, he is a huge proponent of a very tight grip on the gun. Maybe that would help.

My issue with the PPQ M2 is the grip texture (too smooth) and the trigger reset (too long). But as the PDP is aggressively textured and a shortened reset, I may look at it again. I am generally more accurate (by a small degree) with the Walther vrs. A G19. Probably not enough to worry about, but like LAV says, “...accuracy is final!”

Not trying to troll...just contribute some thoughts to the discussion.

FWIW: GT Distributors sells PPQ’s to First Responders and Mil for $409. That’s where I bought mine when picking up my BL Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 04-02-21 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Glad a lot of y’all are liking the new PDP. I’m pretty much a Glock shooter with a lot of them in the safe. I also have a PPQ M2 and an XDm compact. I like them all but i shoot Glocks almost all the time. That said, I’m open to the idea of adding the PDP to my safe.

Regarding muzzle flip...what is this about? All guns have some degree of flip. Assuming the same ammo is used, three factors come to mind for me...weight of gun (especially the slide), grip angle, and shooter grip pressure. Easy answer is hold the gun tighter or get a heavier gun. When you say the Walther is more floppy than a Glock, I suspect that’s because the grip angle on the Glocks (at least for me) tend to point higher than the Walther or the XDm. That causes me to have developed a more forward, downward grip which I believe makes me kinda ‘torque down’ the front of the gun more...bracing my wrists more. Again, my perspective. But after listening to Rob Leatham on several podcasts, he is a huge proponent of a very tight grip on the gun. Maybe that would help.

My issue with the PPQ M2 is the grip texture (too smooth) and the trigger reset (too long). But as the PDP is aggressively textured and a shortened reset, I may look at it again. I am generally more accurate (by a small degree) with the Walther vrs. A G19. Probably not enough to worry about, but like LAV says, “...accuracy is final!”

Not trying to troll...just contribute some thoughts to the discussion.

FWIW: GT Distributors sells PPQ’s to First Responders and Mil for $409. That’s where I bought mine when picking up my BL Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like yourself, I'm primarily a Glock shooter. The PDP is my first ever Walther and while I don't have many rounds down the pipe, my initial impression regarding muzzle flip was that it was unnoticeable. Of course, this may change after many more rounds or in a side by side shoot against the Glock. For now, it's a non issue for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have noticed that most complaints about ergonomics and muzzle flip (regarding any gun) come from people who are used to other platforms. I think all guns have a different feel that tends to be perceived negatively—especially when someone is looking for a problem.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Double

Feedback Score
    I think the muzzle flip “issue” was attributed to the PPQ, which did have a snappy recoil impulse compared to other 9mm. I haven’t really seen any complaints regarding the PDP.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So I am one of the ones who got rid of my PPQ because I didn't care for the muzzle flip/recoil impulse. I've had a P99AS and QA, a SW99, and a PPQ over the years. I've owned probably every major manufactures handgun and get rid of ones I don't care for without a thought. Walthers jump around in my hand more than I care for compared to other pistols. Yes you can muscle it under control but why. What about shooting support hand only in the the roll over prone position from behind the vtac barricade? I can tell you I'm not controlling recoil much with my left hand grip. If I said I did not care for the muzzle flip of a SW99 no one would think twice.

If Walther works for you then roll with it. German guns are well crafted, I carried HK's on duty for 17 years and Walther is no exception but with so many great striker fired guns out there right why settle if you don't have to. David

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast