Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Land Cruiser looks awesome, but we can't have it. :(

Feedback Score
    Wife just sent me a link (she's away visiting the kids) about the redesigned 2022 Tundra that may be available by the end of the year. I told her great, we'll hold off buying your new Sienna until we get a look at the new truck. I think the wife will be staying a couple extra days... haha.

I wouldn't mind a used Land Cruiser. The price of new is a bit much.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-10-21 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm on a local Tundra group and there is a Toyota Tundra engineer in the group. He's been dropping hints every so often. There's also been several of the test miles driving around here.

The motor has been used by Lexus for a few years now so it's been tested at least a little bit. Shouldn't have any "new tech" issues.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I'm on a local Tundra group and there is a Toyota Tundra engineer in the group. He's been dropping hints every so often. There's also been several of the test miles driving around here.

The motor has been used by Lexus for a few years now so it's been tested at least a little bit. Shouldn't have any "new tech" issues.
    Sounds familiar. I purchased a Gen1 Tundra in 2000. It's my understanding that the Lexus LX470 and Land Cruiser used the 4.7 V8 for a couple years before it went into the Tundra. After a quarter million miles it's still quiet and smooth as silk.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-10-21 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    I had a 2006 Tundra. Gas pig with a crappy turning radius. Stayed out of the shop, though.

Loving my current 2019 5.0 F150. 74k miles and no troubles at all. The F150 is making me like Ford. LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Move to Australia if you want a real Toyota 4WD !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    There's a lot to name brand. In my area....and I'm sure Alex can back me up on this......no self respecting eastern European is going to drive anything smaller than a G-wagon. !! Seriously though the LC/GX is one of the most popular wife cars in the Soviet community here. Husband's could be driving whatever because it could be based on their jobs but Tundras are very popular. If you're trying to show that you're not some bum the cars are .... Lexus GX, RX, Mercedes GLS 450/580/G-Wagon, Tesla, Audi Q7, Tundra, Land Rover. In the early 00s BMW X5 were popular but not much anymore. With the 35-40 year old range it's becoming increasingly popular to get yourself a Tesla SUV and your wife a G-Wagon. Lexus GX/LC/Tundra is popular with those over 40 years old

None of these cars even see a dirt path let alone off road and that's not why they're bought. Most don't know what the H/L shifter is for.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    yeah sounds legit for sure what ya said the G-Wagon are freaking awesome $$$$$$$$ but awesome
    ditto Lexus (nice toyotas as most all know)

I think some of the things that are out in the Porsche Audi etc... ultra high performance SUV styled rigs which of course as you mentioned the X5 kinda launched that segment are the better road maybe was what I was thinking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Move to Australia if you want a real Toyota 4WD !
    YUP and ZA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding per the owner of one of the top 5 toyota dealers here stateside is that Toyota has some Landcruiser "Legacy" model slated for the US market. He said he had seen photos and thought they would be online. I have not been able to track anything down. One can only hope.

Toyota is well aware of the cult following of both the 4runner and LC series vehicles. As mentioned elsewhere, Toyota still builds and sells the 70 series down under. https://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70 -- kinda pricey for a basic off roader based on an extremely long running design and parts program if you ask me but what do I know.

They are actively tracking the overland and offroad markets. The Tacoma Overland concept demo'd at SEMA 2020 is a great indication that we are not forgotten. https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/02/toyota-sema-2020/ as well as the TRD+PRO models selling very well.

They sold the piss out of the current/last model Land Cruiser. My understanding is that many of the buyers at the dealer were worried this was the end of an era so they were trying to snag one before they were gone.

The last 20 years of LC has strayed further and further away from the core "off road" concept and moved more towards the Lexus in both price and creature comforts. It only made sense to consolidate that vehicle under the Lexus brand. One can only hope that if a "legacy" LC model were to come to market that perhaps it is truer to its roots then current model years.

Now with all that said.. has anyone figured out how to import a 70 series from AU to US without cutting it in half?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back maybe 2015 or so some guy near my office tried (I don't think it worked out for him) opening a small dealership with nothing but Japanese 4Runners and series 70 and 80 LC. He had about 15-20 vehicles. I know a few of the 4Runners were diesel because I ran into one at a gas station. Man I was drooling every day when I drove past. From 30ft away going 30mph they all looked to be in very good condition and the diesel 4Runner I saw was.

He was only there for a few months.... maybe 6 but definitely less than a year. Towards the end he had a few imported Land Rovers but then he disappeared

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My buddy just bought a "Legacy" Land Cruiser. $89k sticker with a $20k "market adjustment" markup. I thought it was a joke so I was laughing at the sales manager. They took $10k off, but what a racket.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast