Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Police shooting in the twin cities (Brooklyn Center OIS)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Just to throw some context out there. The officer from Mesa sued for all that. It wasn't the departments idea to give him a retirement. He was able to convince a court or city panel board (I cant remember which) that he was fired incorrectly and won.

That guy must have some OJ Simpson level lawyers because we were all shocked he didn't go to prison, then shocked again that he was able to overturn his firing.
    He got special treatment from the start.

From the comments from retired officer Richardson, it doesn't sound like the city of Mesa put up much of a struggle.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/former...f7263107f.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    He got special treatment from the start.

From the comments from retired officer Richardson, it doesn't sound like the city of Mesa put up much of a struggle.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/former...f7263107f.html
    This is local to me. About a year after all this I was in a gunfight and got to talk with my lawyer who specializes in government/police policy type law. I asked him specifically about it and he explained it to me as he followed the whole thing very closely. Even the article you posted says he reached a settlement with the city of Mesa. It also says that the decision came from the city, not the police department.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    This is local to me. About a year after all this I was in a gunfight and got to talk with my lawyer who specializes in government/police policy type law. I asked him specifically about it and he explained it to me as he followed the whole thing very closely. Even the article you posted says he reached a settlement with the city of Mesa. It also says that the decision came from the city, not the police department.
    Mesa police didn't seem to have a problem with the incident. Brailsford got fired due to the ejection port cover and was never arrested. His superior issuing the impossible to follow commands that set the situation up came out unscathed as did the other officers there.

Feedback Score
    $50 for a car wash.... High school drop out going to watch some kids working their way through college wash his car...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is why the right will lose. When a french-canadian gets it but theres still a bunch of M4C tards who still think Jan 6th was an insurrection that justifies her death let alone make a big stink about a VETERAN and a DAMN HERO who was EXECUTED in the Capitol building.

The right is incapable of fixing the current situation. The only thing that will save America is its collapse.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-15-21 at 02:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Given the incidents in which LEO mistook their service pistol for the Taser, why don't manufacturers make the Taser in a different configuration? Why not make it in the shape of a baton or other less than lethal device?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Given the incidents in which LEO mistook their service pistol for the Taser, why don't manufacturers make the Taser in a different configuration? Why not make it in the shape of a baton or other less than lethal device?
    Here’s an article the confusing of one thing for another

https://www.forcescience.org/2021/04...rce=newsletter

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Bring back the batons and link their deployment to blue tooth speakers that play Bee-Gees music. No one wants to get their ass beat to a sound-track, let alone a crappy one in falsetto.
    Someone needs to make this their signature.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    This is why the right will lose. When a french-canadian gets it but theres still a bunch of M4C tards who still think Jan 6th was an insurrection that justifies her death let alone make a big stink about a VETERAN and a DAMN HERO who was EXECUTED in the Capitol building.

The right is incapable of fixing the current situation. The only thing that will save America is its collapse.

The 2 "sides" really aren't that different.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Mesa police didn't seem to have a problem with the incident. Brailsford got fired due to the ejection port cover and was never arrested. His superior issuing the impossible to follow commands that set the situation up came out unscathed as did the other officers there.
    Mesa homicide detectives testified against Brailsford. The Sgt resigned shortly after and moved to the Philippines. Ive heard it was to avoid lawsuits. I dont see how the other officers who were staged to detain Shaver for investigation would be liable for someone else shooting him.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast