Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban 2019

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If the Jews in Germany had beltfeds and rockets, would it have made a difference?

OOOH the buts and the ums and the 'that's different' get DELISH when I trot that one out
    Another fantastic point. So many holes in their “logic.”

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    If the Jews in Germany had beltfeds and rockets, would it have made a difference?

OOOH the buts and the ums and the 'that's different' get DELISH when I trot that one out
    Nope because they would have wanted someone else to do it for them.

You were comparing apples and hand grenades
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    THEY SAY: “Those assault rifles have no sporting purpose. You don’t need a 30-round magazine for hunting deer they’re only for killing people.”

WE SAY: “I compete in DCM (now CMP) High Power with my AR-15. You need a large-capacity magazine for their course of fire. My SKS is a fine deer rifle, and I’ve never done anything to give my government reason not to trust me, blah, blah, blah.” (FLAW: You have implicitly conceded that it is OK to ban any gun with no sporting use. And eventually they can replace your sporting arms with arcade-game substitutes.)

WE SHOULD SAY: “Your claim that ‘they’re only for killing people’ is imprecise. A gas chamber or electric chair is designed for killing people, and these devices obviously serve different functions than guns. To be precise, a high capacity military-type rifle or handgun is designed for CONFLICT. When I need to protect myself and my freedom, I want the most reliable, most durable, highest capacity weapon possible. The only thing hunting and target shooting have to do with freedom is that they’re good practice.”

Give It to Them Straight
    by John Ross
    Author of Unintended Consequences

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.co...ight-John-Ross
    My answer to that is that killing other people, even large numbers of them, quickly, is a "legitimate purpose". Possessing a tool designed for purely anti-personnel use is completely valid.
    It's who you are killing with it, and why, that determines legitimacy.
    If you kill 28 MS-13 members trying to storm your home, that's legitimate. If you kill 28 schoolchildren, that's illegitimate.

Just like when people used to ask me what I needed "armor piercing bullets" for, my answer was "To pierce armor."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Nope because they would have wanted someone else to do it for them.

You were comparing apples and hand grenades
    Well I should have added "and were willing to use them"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    The folks submitting this bill do so every couple of years for no good reason. Nothing ever happens. Nor will it happen now.
    You don't get the wailing and gnashing of teeth when republicans do it as seen with bans from Reagan, Bush, Bush, and now Trump.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still think you are doing apples to oranges.

In 1933 the Jewish represented less that 1% of the German population, 505,000 out of 6.7 million. According to another source about 300.000 of those Jews emigrated during the first six years of Nazi rule.

So yes, they could have made it more difficult, but ultimately they would have been defeated.

There is a distinct difference in numbers when you are talking about gun confiscation and/or civil war in the United States.

Roughly 1/3 of American households have at least one firearm and we are not yet to the point that the remaining 2/3's want to take them away. But we can't rest easy, according to polls, gun ownership has dropped from 50% of households in 1980 to 36% in 2016.

Not so coincidentally, the number of veterans in the population dropped from 18% in 1980, to 7% in 2016.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Yep......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I still think you are doing apples to oranges.

In 1933 the Jewish represented less that 1% of the German population, 505,000 out of 6.7 million. According to another source about 300.000 of those Jews emigrated during the first six years of Nazi rule.

So yes, they could have made it more difficult, but ultimately they would have been defeated.

There is a distinct difference in numbers when you are talking about gun confiscation and/or civil war in the United States.

Roughly 1/3 of American households have at least one firearm and we are not yet to the point that the remaining 2/3's want to take them away. But we can't rest easy, according to polls, gun ownership has dropped from 50% of households in 1980 to 36% in 2016.

Not so coincidentally, the number of veterans in the population dropped from 18% in 1980, to 7% in 2016.
    I dunno Wingman. I am told 6 million Jews perished in German Reich. I mean even 1 million would make an army with even basic weapons and training. Like even if all they had were trapdoor Krags and K38 Smiths.....

Just sayin.....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    My answer to that is that killing other people, even large numbers of them, quickly, is a "legitimate purpose". Possessing a tool designed for purely anti-personnel use is completely valid.
    It's who you are killing with it, and why, that determines legitimacy.
    If you kill 28 MS-13 members trying to storm your home, that's legitimate. If you kill 28 schoolchildren, that's illegitimate.

Just like when people used to ask me what I needed "armor piercing bullets" for, my answer was "To pierce armor."
    I agree and I'll bet most on M4C also agree, but your position would be WAAAAY out beyond the fringes of sanity for the perspective of many people in our society. Probably more people than are on our side. Most people are neither smart nor capable of dealing with unpleasant things, no matter how obviously true they are. They will wish away any risk of bad things happening from bad people, and assume that some faceless but awesome LEO or soldier will miraculously handle any problems that require violence, due to that LEO or soldier's magic powers, and not recognize any possibility that the same individuals minus uniform and title can do some of the same things, for good.

Democracy barely works when it's limited to arms-bearing men of military age, as it was millennia ago. Even more tenuously when practiced as it was in 1789, and our current mob rule + Oprah does not work at all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I dunno Wingman. I am told 6 million Jews perished in German Reich. I mean even 1 million would make an army with even basic weapons and training. Like even if all they had were trapdoor Krags and K38 Smiths.....

Just sayin.....
    Personally, I view it as a moot issue. As the man said "If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

They may have been able to put up a resistance that was an ongoing distraction for the Nazis that slowed them down enough to make it more difficult to carry out their larger plan, it may have made no difference at all. We will never know, but the above is truth.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast