Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 prices going up!

Feedback Score
    Sorry, but I just don't get why people insist on Colts when there are other better manufacturers at around similar price point. BCM, DD, LWRC

Reminds of me people in the late 80s who bragged about owning IBM branded PCs...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't get why people insist on Colts when there are other better manufacturers at around similar price point. BCM, DD, LWRC

Reminds of me people in the late 80s who bragged about owning IBM branded PCs...

Being able to name drop, "I have- insert brand" elevates your self esteem, automatically makes you shoot tighter groups on the move, and makes everybody want to be just like you.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

And I don’t see where you are finding BCMs or DDs for under 7 bills. Colts were all over the place 6 months ago for $699. OEMs were $625. Just a month ago you could grab a 6920 Magpul variant for $899 delivered to your FFL.

You’re talking a 50% price increase for an identical BCM and an almost 100% price increase for a free float BCM or DD. That’s a free Aimpoint T1. Did you post before you had your morning coffee or do you have a line on some $700 NIB Daniel Defense rifles?

Colts also increase in value far more than any of the brands you mentioned. Again, I don’t buy to sell but DD and BCM rifles were not selling for $2,500 after Sandy Hook. Colts were.

Why throw your money away?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Being able to name drop, "I have- insert brand" elevates your self esteem, automatically makes you shoot tighter groups on the move, and makes everybody want to be just like you.
    Nice try, but the truth is that everyone hates on people that rock Colts, and the only fanboyism seems to be pointed in the direction of BCM and DD.

Not too many guys out at ranges wearing Colt hats, shirts, or rocking the stickers on their rifle cases. How many times have you seen the * BCM hats? I’ve seen a bajillion.

Back in 2012 when Colts were $1300 and BCM uppers were selling for $350 do you think shooters were recommending the Colt on M4C? Of course not. That’s stupid.

Last month it did make sense. It had nothing to do with fanboyism or brand loyalty and everything to do with economics. Now that Colts are fetching stupid prices again everyone should be ditching them to the idiot collectors and buying BCM again. Put that extra cash in your ammo and magazine stockpile. It’s all cyclical.

I agree that if you are buying a Colt today at $1,300 you are a moron. But I also contend that if you were not buying Colts a few months ago at $700 you were a moron then, too.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-13-19 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    And I don’t see where you are finding BCMs or DDs for under 7 bills. Colts were all over the place 6 months ago for $699. OEMs were $625. Just a month ago you could grab a 6920 Magpul variant for $899 delivered to your FFL.

You’re talking a 50% price increase for an identical BCM and an almost 100% price increase for a free float BCM or DD. That’s a free Aimpoint T1. Did you post before you had your morning coffee or do you have a line on some $700 NIB Daniel Defense rifles?

Colts also increase in value far more than any of the brands you mentioned. Again, I don’t buy to sell but DD and BCM rifles were not selling for $2,500 after Sandy Hook. Colts were.

Not arguing with you that the OEM's were great deals, I bought a couple myself, but by the time you added a quality rail and stock you're push'n a thousand bucks for a 16" rifle with a carbine length gas system. The other post was partially sarcasm.
    Last edited by prepare; 10-13-19 at 08:38.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I listed my NIB, unfired OEM2 with Colt stock, trigger guard, 20rd Okay magazine, and Troy SOCC handguard on Armslist for barely over $1000 and couldn’t get more than Mexicans or sketchy Texas FFL’s to so much as email. A couple of the requisite tirekickers, too.

So “the panic” isn’t everywhere.

Edit: Also included a Hiperfire EDT2 Heavy Gunner. And front/rear DD sights,
    Last edited by JediGuy; 10-13-19 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Maybe. But if it's worth $2250+ now, what'll it be worth after Pocahontas is elected?
    So you're celebrating a buying panic on Colt rifles and hoping for Warren to get elected?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, no.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Maybe. But if it's worth $2250+ now, what'll it be worth after Pocahontas is elected?
    You mean Lie-a-watha?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Same thing I noticed a long time ago regarding M14 clones: if it didn't say Springfield on the receiver the average looker said "Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." A savvy M14 fan would know what a particular non-SA brand meant, but the average Joe looking to buy one had Springfield engraved on his brain. Colt is the same for AR's.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast