Thread: Thoughts / Specs on Nylon Gun Belts & Leather - UPDATED.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

I got one of these after seeing this post and something NEW I love how lite weight it is I may be sold on nylon over my double wides. I am in testing phase now but so far so good.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 06-24-12 at 01:37.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    I got one of these after seeing this post and something NEW I love how lite weight it is I may be sold on nylon over my double wides. I am in testing phase now but so far so good.
    I now have 2 of them, 1.5" and 1.75", both are excellent. I still see a place for a cobra belt of sorts, but these just plain work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been using a Beltman no-buckle for months now, and I have little to no interest in most of the other popular nylon belts these days. I've been very pleased with it, and might order a conventional belt from them as well (as I'm carrying AIWB less and less now).

I'm carrying a fullsize Glock, fixed blade, light, and my other pocket gear (folder, wallet, phone, keys) and I don't need anything stiffer/ heavier/ wider to support that load.

Those cobra buckle belts seem like a hell of a good idea for "war belts" or overbelts to wear at classes or to throw on quickly... but for a daily pants belt with a concealed handgun... I have no interest in the weight and bulk of some of these designs.

Leather has a softness to it that has always been more comfortable for me than super stiff belts when you load them up big. I ditched a wilderness at a class for a leather belt once I added multiple mags to it... the stiff edge at the bottom started to "cut" in on my hips and got uncomfortable in a hurry.

Sometimes I think we can get a little carried away with the "latest and greatest" and loose sight of what works 90% of the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After a good amount of wear I have figured out one thing these belts are alot better for loop type holsters over clips as there just isnt enough to grab on width wise. This isnt a bad thing just something I noticed.