Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9mm

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    ]
    A J frame is a SUPERB idea. Load it with 135 grain +P Speer Gold dot ammo, and put Crimson Trace laser grips on it, and viola! You've got an effective, lightweight, concealable weapon that will be easier to make hits with under stress at all sorts of ranges.
    Mantra-worthy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Mantra-worthy.
    I'm certainly not an expert and I didn't even stay at a holiday inn last night, but in my opinion the little S&W J frames are one of the most versatile personal defense options on the market. While not my favorite option for a primary carry gun, it's the best compromise of power, reliability, and concealability you can find in its range.

I think my opinion is shared by a number of the HSLD types....

At the low light class I asked the AI if I could fire a few rounds through my 442 during a break in the instruction. Ken Hackathorn stopped what he was doing and hollered across the range:

"Ah, now there's a man with a REAL gun!"

He came over and sung the praises of the 442. I told him that I bought it as a backup gun after seeing a gun writer named Ken something talk about how great an option it was many years ago.....

He said:

"A lot of the big name writers and trainers you see who talk about all this high speed equipment walk around every day with just one of those little J frames in their pocket. You can't go wrong with 'em."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is un-American to not have at least one J frame or Dick's Special.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Do not overlook the superb Smith & Wesson 3913.
    +1 for the 3919.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I also own a J frame, and agree that it is one of the finest backups ever made. No malfunctions, always goes boom, lightweight, what more could you ask for in a tiny package.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the Ruger LCP as you mentioned before.

The recoil isn't supposed to be as bad as some of the other .380 pocket pistols, due to the locked breech design vs. the direct blowback most of them have.

This is internet hearsay until I get a chance to fire mine, though.

ToddG Guest
    In the FWIW Department, Crimson Trace announced today that they have a set of Lasergrips in development for the LCP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    In the FWIW Department, Crimson Trace announced today that they have a set of Lasergrips in development for the LCP.
    And yet they still can't find the time to make left handed grips for the most commonly manufactured guns.

Feedback Score
    The Kel-Tec PF-9 fits well into the small, light 9mm niche. I've had mine since December. I've only fired 350 rounds (all JHP's) or so through it so far but, it's been problem free.

The folks on KTOG are reporting few problems with the latest revision PF-9's.

It's not a gun you'll take to the range for a 'fun" day. Recoil is quite sharp with +P loads! I'm carrying 147gr JHP's and they are quite manageable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    And yet they still can't find the time to make left handed grips for the most commonly manufactured guns.
    Yeah! What's up with that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast