Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: The VLTOR A5 thread - what doesn't it work with?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I just got the A5-h3 with sprinco springs to replace the A5-h2 on a 10.5 Noveske, 12.5 BCM, and a 14.5 KAC. I shoot 55grain brass, not suppressed.
    Any potential issues on any of theses?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Should run fine, might feel a little different is all.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    My BCM 14.5" mid would run just fine on an A5-3. I kept a regular A5 in it though as the A5-3 was for a Daniel Defense gasser.
    I realize that every gun/barrel is an animal unto itself. However, I run an A5H4 in my wife's 14.5" BCM middy with LMT e-carrier. Eats Russian steel cased ammo like Rosie O'Donnell at a Golden Corral with a coupon.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    IR an my Vltor A5 with the standard buffer in my 16.1" middy DDM4 (0.073" gas port) at VTAC Nightfighter last week-end. 1500 rounds of Wolf with no lube and no cleaning, except for the initial light application of MPRO7 LPX before I arrived for the class. Ran great. Only issue was 1 failure to lock back on empty using Lancer mags in unsupported positions, and using Lancer mags, sometimes the round would not strip when loading a fresh mag using the bolt release. PMAG's did not have as much drag on the feed lips and no issues occurred in this manner. Oh, I ran it almost 100% suppressed, as well. I'm a believer in the Vltor system after this. Here are pictures:

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That looks awesome.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Here are pictures:

That is rode hard, and put away wet for sure!

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I just got the A5-h3 with sprinco springs to replace the A5-h2 on a 10.5 Noveske, 12.5 BCM, and a 14.5 KAC. I shoot 55grain brass, not suppressed.
    Any potential issues on any of theses?
    That 14.5" KAC might balk at it. My 16" Mod 1s will run on anything, but they do just fine with a CAR or H buffer so I just use those.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I realize that every gun/barrel is an animal unto itself. However, I run an A5H4 in my wife's 14.5" BCM middy with LMT e-carrier. Eats Russian steel cased ammo like Rosie O'Donnell at a Golden Corral with a coupon.
    Wow, I bet that feels like it's just barely chuggin' along. Will it reliably lock back if you shoot it unsupported?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    No it won't. I posted a pic elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    Not positive, but I believe the bcm is 8 position and will allow the stock to lock all the way forward where the vltor required you to pull the stock back out half an inch to engage the first slot.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    Not positive, but I believe the bcm is 8 position and will allow the stock to lock all the way forward where the vltor required you to pull the stock back out half an inch to engage the first slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    No it won't. I posted a pic elsewhere.
    My STR stock is only 1/8" off the castle nut in the 2nd hole position and will not collapse to the first, but the reality is it would not collapse any further with the stock mil spec RE either.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast