Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning to get another SBR but one already assembled.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've always done the two piece deal, but I would like a complete gun, sorta. Don't think it matters a whole lot, just preference. Most guys getting into SBR's already have 5 other AR's. So needing one usually isnt an issue. I'm like Waylon, I never plan to sell my SBR's so its a non issue to me as well.

These days, you can buy the lower and put a brace on it until you get your stamp. Very good option, but you have to buy brace then toss it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-13-19 at 17:17.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You don't have to toss the brace. You can use it for your pistol lower. A legal type on another forum says if you use a brace on your SBR, it's a pistol and can be transported as such.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Thoughts on going with LMT instead of BCM or DD? DI not piston.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDGator View Post
    Thoughts on going with LMT instead of BCM or DD? DI not piston.
    LMT makes great stuff! Right there with the other two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    LMT makes great stuff! Right there with the other two.
    I am thinking I could get a complete rifle with a non sbr barrel. Register the lower and then just buy the 11.5" barrel once approved and engraved.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am thinking I could get a complete rifle with a non sbr barrel. Register the lower and then just buy the 11.5" barrel once approved and engraved.
    It's a good plan. Especially if you get there ambi lowers which are excellent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It's a good plan. Especially if you get there ambi lowers which are excellent.
    Of course I just found what I think is a screaming deal on a CQB Mars rifle. Less than DD and about the same price as a BCM. Was not really ready to pull the trigger but I am having a hard time not to. lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do this 100%. That way you have a 16 inch gun to shoot and can eventually buy an SBR upper. LMT or Bravo are solid choices. My two favorites. Bravo gives more choices than just about anybody on how their site offers configurations galore.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-14-19 at 14:08.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12