Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T USW-P

Feedback Score

B&T USW-P

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-fired-pistol/

Seems like a metal-framed SFA double stack, using CZ75 mags, seems there might be a factory ACRO cut slide.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I would love to try the trigger on this. I hope they make a 5 inch option

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Before I look I'm guessing $2000+

I love anything B&T but they are proud of their stuff
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-22-22 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Is that a good thing, or bad thing?

Expect to pay a premium for Swiss precision- you know; Rolex, Patek Philippe, Zenith, IWC, Blahba Blah.
    And yes, a Timex, whatever, "keeps just as good time...".
    I'm sure a PSA "Dagger" would serve a SD role just as well as the B&T..... Yet that's not the point; appreciation of perfection doesn't necessarily require being able to AFFORD it.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Is that a good thing, or bad thing?

Expect to pay a premium for Swiss precision- you know; Rolex, Patek Philippe, Zenith, IWC, Blahba Blah.
    And yes, a Timex, whatever, "keeps just as good time...".
    I'm sure a PSA "Dagger" would serve a SD role just as well as the B&T..... Yet that's not the point; appreciation of perfection doesn't necessarily require being able to AFFORD it.
    I can't take you seriously anymore

Rolex vs Timex (+2 to -2 seconds per day accuracy for the Rolex vs -20 to +40 seconds per day for the Timex), power reserve (70 hours vs. 40), resistance to shocks and magnetic fields vs not, longevity and more. Rolex has specially developed lubricants on all internal parts. Rolex has hacking seconds and Timex doesn't. Timex has Miyota stutter and Rolex doesn't. And this is just the obvious differences. So no...Timex doesn't "keeps just as good time..." as you say.

Comparing a Swiss watch to a striker fired pistols. We've gone off the deep end boys!
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-22-22 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure gaijin is referring to the common notion that a cheap quartz watch can keep better better time than a very expensive mechanical watch. It’s way too early to be this combative. Anyway…

B&T makes some cool stuff, not always the most practical though. I’m not sure how I feel about the push button safety, I wonder if it is meant to work better with one of their stocks?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I’m pretty sure gaijin is referring to the common notion that a cheap quartz watch can keep better better time than a very expensive mechanical watch. It’s way too early to be this combative. Anyway…

B&T makes some cool stuff, not always the most practical though. I’m not sure how I feel about the push button safety, I wonder if it is meant to work better with one of their stocks?
    What I don't like is the automatic acceptance that since it is Swiss it's worth the asking price. And further I don't like the automatic acceptance that we should be ok with paying a premium for any particular brand simply because it is a brand.

I'd like to see this pistol up against a Walther PDP. Slide lock/release looks like an after thought, what's going on with that?
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 09-22-22 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    It is not just because it is made well, but the fact the Swiss franc does so well. It would be a different story if it were pesos and still held to the same standard of quality control.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    It is not just because it is made well, but the fact the Swiss franc does so well. It would be a different story if it were pesos and still held to the same standard of quality control.
    But a Swiss franc and USD is currently closer to 1/1 and has been in a constant fall from around the Covid time. If what you point out is the cause we would have been paying $3,000 for Walther and HK pistols a few years ago.

Still upset about my business trip to Germany during the peak of 2018's currency exchange rate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really marketed for anything specific it seems.
    Pretty much summed it up when James asked him why would one buy this pistol over another and he answered. Because they have everything else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast