Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Long stroke SureFire Carrier

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sofar, so good on mine but not a big round count yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Sofar, so good on mine but not a big round count yet.
    Thanks for chiming in since we so far have little or no actual feedback.

Do you notice anything as far as a change in recoil impulse? Have you used the carrier with anything other than 223 such as 300 Blackout?

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Tok, I've used it in one gun with a variety of .223 / 5.56 and it works just fine..... no gigantic, unmistakable difference in the cycle but to be honest I'm usually focusing on other things. I do intend to set aside a part of a session where I will swap it back and forth with a "regular" BCG to really compare things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Tok, I've used it in one gun with a variety of .223 / 5.56 and it works just fine..... no gigantic, unmistakable difference in the cycle but to be honest I'm usually focusing on other things. I do intend to set aside a part of a session where I will swap it back and forth with a "regular" BCG to really compare things.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just got an email, in stock here
    https://www.centurionarms.com/Produc...eid=0e817fd0b2

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This BCG is obviously intended to be a drop-in replacement for military carbines with carbine length receiver extensions. This is why it has the shorter and lighter buffer weight (and the special spring) which accommodates the longer travel.

It should be possible to use the normal carbine buffer weight and a normal carbine spring with this bcg in an A5 receiver extension with the appropriate spacer at the rear. A spacer of the correct length would stop the rearward travel at the right point.

This would allow the use of heavier buffers than the very light shorter buffer.

Sure, there is an extra weight inside this bcg, but I still think a heavier buffer is called for with this system.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSlide View Post
    This BCG is obviously intended to be a drop-in replacement for military carbines with carbine length receiver extensions. This is why it has the shorter and lighter buffer weight (and the special spring) which accommodates the longer travel.

It should be possible to use the normal carbine buffer weight and a normal carbine spring with this bcg in an A5 receiver extension with the appropriate spacer at the rear. A spacer of the correct length would stop the rearward travel at the right point.

This would allow the use of heavier buffers than the very light shorter buffer.

Sure, there is an extra weight inside this bcg, but I still think a heavier buffer is called for with this system.
    I was wondering the same thing.
    I want to do a comparison between the LMT e carrier and the Surefire OBC. It seems to me the Surefire would alleviate the draw back of increased carrier velocity the LMT e carrier brings with its increased lock time. The Surefire has increased lock time too but it also has a longer stroke to allow for the carrier speeds to drop before bottoming out in the RE. Increased rearward speed for both would be a function of flying rearward unhindered for longer before the bolt twists and the case is pulled out under less internal chamber pressure and with less friction, altered cam path timing accomplishes it. Many who use the LMT E carrier also buffer up with the A5 buffers to slow it down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I imagine Slash would be able to easily make a heavier Surefire buffer if additional weight was needed. Or it might be possible to simply add an additional tungsten weight to the existing carrier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t understand the obsession with super heavy buffers. Anything more than the standard A5 buffer or a rifle buffer adds excess recoil. I notice a LOT more sight movement when I experimented with A5 buffers. Ironically ended up settling for the A5H1 weight buffer (H2 weight). The OBC comes with either a H2 or H7S buffer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The OBC comes with either a H2 or H7S buffer.
    The complete OBC weighs 13.8 oz.

The stubby buffer that ships with the kit weighs 3.2.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast