Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to ARs and want to do some upgrades

Feedback Score

New to ARs and want to do some upgrades

I am new to the AR world, with so many options and information out there my head spins. I am from commie CA and decided to buy a 16” ddm4v7 mlok with a Romeo 4c and mbus pro. Anyways after a year or so owning my AR, I want to do some upgrades. I also have plenty of ammo before the new law takes affect in 2019.

#1: I want to change the stock to the mft minimalist stock, can I just use the buffer tube/action spring and buffer that I currently have and just replace the stock? Since I’m already in there can I just replace the action spring and buffer to an A5 or Super 42 or jp silent g2?

#2: I want to put in a ssa trigger,I’m just using it for plinking not sure if I need it. It’ll be nice to have though. I shot my friends build and the pull does feel nice.

#3: I’ve read many different reviews on anti-walk pins or anti-rotations pins not sure what’s the lingo but if I do replace the trigger should I replace these as well?

#4: this is all cosmetic and I know that but who doesn’t love Iike dressing up their toys? Also it’ll be used to scare my liberal family haha? I want my ddm4v7 to look like the noveske Gen III Infidel Rifle. Would it be just putting their kx3 or kx5 or would I have to get a 16” rail and the kx3/5?

#5: not really an upgrade just trying to keep my features, I currently have the fc-hook with the bf-10 and it’s been a pain to load. The bc-10 took time to get use to and from loading I can see pieces of plastic are coming off the bf-10, I don’t want plastic running throw my baby. So I know everyone is up in arms against armaglock but so far they are the only ones that I’ve seen that make a functional reload process. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks for reading and advice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChonchAR View Post
    I am new to the AR world, with so many options and information out there my head spins. I am from commie CA and decided to buy a 16” ddm4v7 mlok with a Romeo 4c and mbus pro. Anyways after a year or so owning my AR, I want to do some upgrades. I also have plenty of ammo before the new law takes affect in 2019.

#1: I want to change the stock to the mft minimalist stock, can I just use the buffer tube/action spring and buffer that I currently have and just replace the stock? Since I’m already in there can I just replace the action spring and buffer to an A5 or Super 42 or jp silent g2?

#2: I want to put in a ssa trigger,I’m just using it for plinking not sure if I need it. It’ll be nice to have though. I shot my friends build and the pull does feel nice.

#3: I’ve read many different reviews on anti-walk pins or anti-rotations pins not sure what’s the lingo but if I do replace the trigger should I replace these as well?

#4: this is all cosmetic and I know that but who doesn’t love Iike dressing up their toys? Also it’ll be used to scare my liberal family haha? I want my ddm4v7 to look like the noveske Gen III Infidel Rifle. Would it be just putting their kx3 or kx5 or would I have to get a 16” rail and the kx3/5?

#5: not really an upgrade just trying to keep my features, I currently have the fc-hook with the bf-10 and it’s been a pain to load. The bc-10 took time to get use to and from loading I can see pieces of plastic are coming off the bf-10, I don’t want plastic running throw my baby. So I know everyone is up in arms against armaglock but so far they are the only ones that I’ve seen that make a functional reload process. Does anyone have a better solution?

1a. Yes. The stock is a milspec one(not sure if they even sell commercial).
    1b. No. You can but it will be a pain. You would need a full kit, proper wrench and a torque wrench and a way to stake the castle nut.

2. This was a statement.

3. Dont.

4&5 I’ll pass.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

1. Yes you can replace the stock. No, you cannot put an A5 system in there since it takes a rifle length spring, you need to get an A5 receiver extension if you want to do that.

2. If you can afford it the SSA is one of the best triggers you can buy

3. DO NOT USE GARBAGE ANTI WALK PINS WITH GEISSELE TRIGGERS. I spoke with Bill specifically about this, his supplied pins have a higher rockwell hardness and are precision ground to work with his triggers.

4. Not a good idea if you dont already have a 13.7" barrel. All you are doing is adding excessive weight, length and gas drive to your barrel over a normal MD.

5. Wat?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    1a. Yes. The stock is a milspec one(not sure if they even sell commercial).
    1b. No. You can but it will be a pain. You would need a full kit, proper wrench and a torque wrench and a way to stake the castle nut.

2. This was a statement.

3. Dont.

4&5 I’ll pass.
    This above. And

4. Why
    5. No idea what your talking about.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input, with so many options I wasn’t sure what is a waste of money and what isn’t. Is there anything else I missed?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Frankly, I love my V7. The only thing I did was change the trigger to an SSA. After that I spent my money on ammo and training.

On question 5, are you in a non-free state that requires you to use stuff like the BF-10?

Feedback Score
    I am, sadly

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run SSA's in every AR gun I own. As do many people here on M4C.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am, sadly
    In that case don't do anything to your AR. You will just lose that much more money when they make you turn it in.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Also check out this Geissele trigger.

https://geissele.com/ssp-m4-curved-bow.html
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast