Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Threepersons holsters?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd be fascinated to hear about a modern US law enforcement agency that currently issues a duty holster for a revolver or semi-auto firearm with an exposed trigger.

I am not aware of such an agency in this country. It would be a ridiculous liability risk.

Feedback Score
    https://adamsholsters.com/store/imag...-2-800x600.jpgtom-2-800x600.jpgCheck out https://adamsholsters.com/store/tomholster

mike-v-model10-2-600x400.jpg

Luke has an excellent variation on the classic Threepersons holster. The retention strap can be unsnapped from the holster, or snapped to the back and out of the way if so desired, his version also has a covered trigger guard...or he'll make one with no strap...Very nice guy and excellent craftsman!
    Last edited by SLM; 01-27-19 at 11:06.
    Fecal Splatter Expert

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd be fascinated to hear about a modern US law enforcement agency that currently issues a duty holster for a revolver or semi-auto firearm with an exposed trigger.

I am not aware of such an agency in this country. It would be a ridiculous liability risk.
    Beyond the liability, I think it flies in the face of modern gunfighting wisdom. Not to take away from legendary gunfighters of the past, but our generation now has it's own legendary gunfighters who would not recommend this type of holster for anything bu nostalgia.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd be fascinated to hear about a modern US law enforcement agency that currently issues a duty holster for a revolver or semi-auto firearm with an exposed trigger. I am not aware of such an agency in this country. It would be a ridiculous liability risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Beyond the liability, I think it flies in the face of modern gunfighting wisdom. Not to take away from legendary gunfighters of the past, but our generation now has it's own legendary gunfighters who would not recommend this type of holster for anything bu nostalgia.
    Well, the closest thing is some WML compatible holsters with plenty of room to pull the trigger. Shots from inside the holster, GSWs to the leg, but why let reality ruin nostalgia.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    What Gaijin said.

It's interesting to note that Bill Jordan, in his book No Second Place Winner, considered any holster not so designed to be complete junk and unfit for duty use.

He knew a thing or two about gunfighting
    He also caused this:

https://www.odmp.org/officer/11072-b...-john-a-rector

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Modern "gunfighters" FF to 3:00 for the fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I have seen that along with sweeping everyone after.

They will always get a lot more firearms related privileges and discounts than I do too.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Boy, all cops sure are stupid. I sure would hate to be around any of them with a gun. We really ought to disarm them, or go back to exposed trigger guard holsters to prevent ND's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Boy, all cops sure are stupid. I sure would hate to be around any of them with a gun. We really ought to disarm them, or go back to exposed trigger guard holsters to prevent ND's.
    That's your strawman, not mine

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    That's your strawman, not mine
    You've posted that video twice in the same thread. Make your point.

ND's happen, it's terribly unfortunate, and moreso when it wounds and/or kills innocent life. Those who do them should be held responsible. People who carry guns should train more and respect the extreme lethality of the trigger and line-of-bore.

Holsters have evolved, for good reason. It's still a cool piece of history, and anyone who wants one needs to respect its deficiencies.

What more do you want to say on the topic other than, "Cops have ND's!!!!!!!"?
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 01-31-19 at 17:11.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast