Which would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Neither. KAC. Proven, reliable and durable. The only flip-up BUIS I run. Not saying you won't get good mileage from the other two options you're considering.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 11-24-18 at 11:07.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Between the two, Magpul MBUS (not pro). I've used a variety of BUIS, and have found the the Magpul MBUS works best for me as a back up sight system if I plan on running them folded. I would never run them as the primary system (even though they have proven to be very durable, I still can't get over polymer sights). Other brands of flip up BUIS are just too expensive for what little, if any, advantage they offer (i.e. A.R.M.S. #40 and Troys). Others, such as KAC, Matech, and Magpul Pros have a small rear post, which makes getting a sight picture quickly more difficult for me compared to a standard A2 shaped rear. Even if I had limitless funds, I would still buy regular MBUS sights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks in advance.
    If you are talking Magpul MBUS Gen 2 and ARMS #71, I would prefer the ARMS for two reasons:

1. My first BUIS were ARMS 40L. I really like the apertures and the 71L's have the same aperture. It is explained here, under either #40L Manual or #71 Instructions http://armsmounts.com/manuals/

2. The apertures are steel on the ARMS, and I believe polymer on the Magpuls.

I used the ARMS 40L's pretty regularly for the first couple years I had them, and as I said really like the apertures, but, not so much for the last several years, as I've re-evaluated my need for BUIS in general - I'm not an operator.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks in advance.
    Whatever is in the parts box and fits under or behind the optic. I have Troys, Matechs, Magpuls, others, and give no thought to any of them after they are installed and zeroed.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I put my troy fixed HK style front back on my pistol build and like the rounded sight shroud as it fills the viewing profile of the rear small appeture. Seems to frame it well and make lining the post up in the center super fast and easy. Going with a magpul gen 2 polymer rear for it. The magpul pro's have a little weight to them compared to the polymer versions.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have KACs, Magpul MBUS and MBUS Pros.

They all work fine and stay out of the way 99.9% of the time.

Buy whatever you can afford to spend on something you will likely use very little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Midwest Industries also has some new Combat Sights. Another option to consider is the LMT REAR FLIP UP SIGHTS. I have each of these. They are very robust sights.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-crs-set.htm

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/l8buis556
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The MBUS have served me well in their intended role as backup iron sights. Once or twice a year I flip them up and confirm zero, then fold them back down and drive on with the red dot.

Feedback Score
    Being that the MBUS sights are on sale for $49 a set right now at one site... that made the decision for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast