Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield MC Loaded "Operator" .45 ACP

Feedback Score
    theblackknight--Pistol smith and LE officer Hilton Yam has several relevant articles at the 10-8 Performance website (http://www.10-8performance.com/Articles.html). In addition, retired SOF veteran Larry Vickers is one of the most well respected pistolsmiths of this era--he teaches a class to help folks better run the 1911; his website also has some useful information (http://vickerstactical.com). If any issues crop-up, the SA Custom Shop is a useful resource in helping ensure your 1911 runs correctly. Good luck!
    Last edited by DocGKR; 03-07-10 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    300 rounds of various ammunition this morning. No failures, FTF's or FTE's.

I used both the factory 7 rounders and 4 Wilson Combat 47D magazines.

Ammo was WWB 230 grain, Federal American Eagle 230 grain FMJ, Corbon +P 230 grain JHP and one mag of +P Corbon 185 grain. Also some Federal Hydro's where thrown in one mag or two.

All casings ejected slightly to the right and fell just to the side of my right shoulder in a circumfrance of about a 1 and half foot circle. Accounting for bounce and roll of some of the casings.

I wasn't shooting for accuracy, just for function so I do not have any fancy C-More targets to photograph and post. Next time.

I realize that 300 rounds is not exactly a "confidence" test, but it is a start and the gun performed flawlessly.

Once I get to the 1000-3000 mark with no failures then I'll feel comfortable with this gun for a combat and duty gun and carry piece. I'll of course change out the recoil spring and fireing pin spring at that round count. If there are any issues that creep up I will address them at that time and use the SA Pro shop for fixes and improvement.

I like this Springfield alot !!!
    Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 03-07-10 at 22:01. Reason: added ammunition shot through the pistol.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Sounds like another satisfied MC owner.

Lot's out there I know in my travels...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    So based on what was said in the earlier post, if I have an opportunity to pick up a TRP locally for $900 I should jump on it?
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    So based on what was said in the earlier post, if I have an opportunity to pick up a TRP locally for $900 I should jump on it?
    For that price I'd buy one today, or in the morning. It's got a funky guide rod system though. I'd change it out to a standard guide rod with a Wolf 18 pound spring and standard plunger.

That's just me. Great pistol. So is the "MC" Operator.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes buy it.. Change the guide rod for $12.00. Awesome gun.

Feedback Score
    Here we go again. So I researched a little bit. On Springfields website, it list's all the models. Loaded, TRP, Custom, and Operator etc. When everyone refers to the "MC Operator", where in the heck does the MC come from or mean. I thought the website would say MC Operator.

Ahhhhh, I feel better getting that aired out.

Thanks, KC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    Here we go again. So I researched a little bit. On Springfields website, it list's all the models. Loaded, TRP, Custom, and Operator etc. When everyone refers to the "MC Operator", where in the heck does the MC come from or mean. I thought the website would say MC Operator.

Ahhhhh, I feel better getting that aired out.

Thanks, KC
    Multi-colored. ie. the one with the od green frame.

Feedback Score
    I am laughing out loud. I should have known that. Thanks again and I will now be able to sleep peacefully tonight.

Kentucky Cop

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of my SA 1911's - a stainless Loaded and a Pro. No problems what so ever. Never seriously looked at the Operator's since I don't favor (of have a need for) a rail and light mount.
    Wilson 47Ds have worked fine, but I recently tried a few Tripps and they are sweet too!
    Congrats on your new Springer postola.....................

I thought MC = Marine Corps. (But what do I know, I'm just a retired paratrooper!! )
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast