Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    If those are 1" squares, that looks to be hovering around 1/2 MOA. I would be really happy with that

What load was that with?
    Yes those are one inch squares. And we find that target to be one of the best out there for shooting groups.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Very cool rifle & setup PB ! I have been clamoring for a 223 bolt for way too long myself. Was that a local find or did you do the Gunbroker thing? I found a couple out there but need to sell a few extra items myself.
    Yea gunbroker. They we’re unobtainable for the longest time then Tikka must have dropped about 100 because 10 sellers all had them. And for the same price. $1,525 I think it was.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    All I’ve read, as well as personal experience with a couple 6.5 Tikkas, say that their barrels are slower than a lot of manufacturers.
    Three other 6.5’s run about 50+ FPS with same barrel lengths and ammo.
    Your .223 doesn’t seem to show that issue.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    One thing to note on this gun is that apparently Tikka's scope base/rail is epoxied in place, and has two index pins. It is absolutely never coming loose, and changing it out is a pain.

Not only do you have to get the original base off, you have to drill the new base for the pins. (or grind off the index pins on top of the receiver) Although a bit of a challenge, if you get the new base on, it will never come loose.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Guess that’s what’s known as “the good news, bad news” Mark.

Sounds like they got tired of folks bitching about the mount coming loose…..
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Guess that’s what’s known as “the good news, bad news” Mark.

Sounds like they got tired of folks bitching about the mount coming loose…..
    I guarantee their mount isn't coming loose. Lug, glue, index pins and fasteners. I literally could have left the screws out of the new base and it probably would have been fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    All I’ve read, as well as personal experience with a couple 6.5 Tikkas, say that their barrels are slower than a lot of manufacturers.
    Three other 6.5’s run about 50+ FPS with same barrel lengths and ammo.
    Your .223 doesn’t seem to show that issue.
    We dont really have as head to head comparison. Our other 223 Bolt is 20 inch vs 23.7 inches and 1/9 twist 1/8 for the Tikka. But those comments had me very scared. Pleased we picked up some velocity.

Also, I got an adapter to run my 556 can. It came threaded for 30 cal cans, strange once again. Ran great with my Nomad 30 but want to use those for big guns.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-07-22 at 15:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice PB. Bet that is really toned down with the can and a delight to shoot!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea gunbroker. They we’re unobtainable for the longest time then Tikka must have dropped about 100 because 10 sellers all had them. And for the same price. $1,525 I think it was.

PB
    Cool,,I looked yesterday and there were 2 that I found and both were almost $1600 and would be with shipping I'm sure. I'll keep looking and see what I see, I will let you know if I find anything. Euro-Optics had them listed but out of stock of course so I signed up for notifications. I think it said they can be back ordered but I'm gonna call em tomorrow and see if there is any real timeline for one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Cool,,I looked yesterday and there were 2 that I found and both were almost $1600 and would be with shipping I'm sure. I'll keep looking and see what I see, I will let you know if I find anything. Euro-Optics had them listed but out of stock of course so I signed up for notifications. I think it said they can be back ordered but I'm gonna call em tomorrow and see if there is any real timeline for one.
    They also make the CTR Tikka but Im not sure if its threaded barrel and other stuff I wanted, but I know its a better deal, IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast