Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I think a good majority of the protests started off with peaceful enough intents yesterday. The one in Denver I thought was very well planned to be non-violent. However, extremist agitators are the ones that are leading the way of turning peaceful into violent. It's going to take a unified effort of both the police and the protest leaders to identify these people and remove them from the equation. Which seems far less likely at this moment in time as the police have had to use overwhelming force to stop the rioting and looters.

Social media isn't helping as there is a lot of misinformation out there. Some very likely planned to inflame the situation.

What has struck me as odd is some of the cities that have been involved. Salt Lake City, Fargo, Milwaukee, Rochester and Jacksonville aren't exactly known hotspots for such violent activity.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Reno, NV got ugly last night starting around 7:30pm local time after a peaceful protest during the day. Police station vandalized, City Hall got broken into, Patagonia store looted. News reporting (we have reasonably fair reporters here) that the rioters and looters didn’t seem to be locals, shortly after that a vehicle with CA plates cruises through the shot of flames and the courthouse being guarded by deputies. ANTIFA admittedly from CA also came to instigate more looting and property destruction.

ETA: Grand, add Reno to your list. Citizens, police and media here have had pretty darn good relations for decades.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 05-31-20 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    What has struck me as odd is some of the cities that have been involved. Salt Lake City, Fargo, Milwaukee, Rochester and Jacksonville aren't exactly known hotspots for such violent activity.
    In Fargo we have *very little* race tension and a very professional police force so it was a surprise to us all until reports came in that buses from out of state were found at different staging areas dropping off what we assume now are paid instigators.
    Last edited by Rifleman_04; 05-31-20 at 09:28.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Reno, NV got ugly last night starting around 7:30pm local time after a peaceful protest during the day. Police station vandalized, City Hall got broken into, Patagonia store looted. News reporting (we have reasonably fair reporters here) that the rioters and looters didn’t seem to be locals, shortly after that a vehicle with CA plates cruises through the shot of flames and the courthouse being guarded by deputies. ANTIFA admittedly from CA also came to instigate more looting and property destruction.

ETA: Grand, add Reno to your list. Citizens, police and media here have had pretty darn good relations for decades.
    Honestly, it was just a smattering of the cities you wouldn't expect on a "violent, looting" list. You could add Nashville to that list as well since it's never been a place that's seen widespread civil disorder. I mean, probably not since the Civil Rights movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    In Fargo we have *very little* race tension and a very professional police force so it was a surprise to us all until reports came in that buses from out of state were found at different staging areas dropping off what we assume now are paid instigators.
    I have this feeling that's happening in a lot of places.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Harrisburg was sporty for a bit. We are far removed and were watching just to see how widespread it would get. Reason # I've Lost Count why we love living in the boonies.

Daylong clash between Harrisburg police, George Floyd protesters ends at night in tense but quiet standoff.
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...-standoff.html
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Along those same lines:

https://twitter.com/realBenjiirby/st...69329427828737

Feedback Score
    Okay, if the national intelligence apparatus can spy on domestic political opponents surely they can use some sigint and track down those planning and sponsoring these importations of terrorists. Soros, whoever is paying and then the planners and logistics guys. THEN bust their fvcking heads in the streets. That's right, smash this operation from top to bottom. I'll be quite fine with police brutality if it's directed against these organized shitheads, and I mean severe bodily harm, even death. I'm finally sick of hearing about this. END IT NOW with an iron fist. These professional agitators have no rights as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-31-20 at 10:13.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Protestors are being bussed into Summerville SC to have a protest at the WalMart. Its in a major shopping area with lots of businesses, such as Target.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

WTF just happened here???

I'm former law enforcement and about as pro LEO (local state AND federal) as one can get. WTF is this though? Seriously. Am I missing something? More to the story??? Is the video a FAKE??? WTF!

Last edited by Det-Sog; 05-31-20 at 11:04.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Dude it's Bizarro World. Unfreakingbelieveable.

Like someone in another thread said "Yeah, go into the suburbs and flex on people while the rest of your city burns and you don't do jack shit about it".
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-31-20 at 10:36.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast