Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville school shooting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    This is exactly right. Look at the school. The decision was made to spend money on a really nice campus, buildings and a security system. They apparently also made the decision to not spend money on a campus security officer. It was a gamble that most likely cost lives. It seems to me that people who can be security officers and teach would be highly sought after.

Four years ago parents at my children's private Christian school put pressure on the administration and they finally hired a full-time security officer. He's former military and police. He trains with the local police department. Every school should have this at a minimum.
    Make that the national model, such events end immediately:

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/s...tive-shooters/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    The line for prohibited persons is all over the map. Generally, if a person isn't behind bars I believe they should be able to legally own firearms. I understand the 'what if' concerns and objections that many have, but the way I see it trying to address everyone's concerns with a prohibited persons list or so-called Red Flag criteria ultimately does more harm than good. Nothing is perfect or without risk, including liberty.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-30-23 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I would never agree to banning anyone from firearms ownership due to gender dysphoria. Whether a specific person is demonstrating violent intentions is another issue,
    I 100% agree with you. Most of the people who have mental issues are not a danger to themselves or others. However, most of the people who are a danger to themselves or others do have mental issues. When it's determined someone has a mental issue of some sort, it's a good idea to double check to make sure that they are not a danger. All that said, federal law does not differentiate so logically. If a court rules that a person is "mentally defective", then they can't own a firearm unless their state has specific laws that allow them to regain their rights. Get injured to the point that someone has to go to court to take legal control of your affairs for a temporary period of time and you're deemed mentally defective for life regardless of the fact that you make a full recovery and never demonstrate that you might harm yourself or others. Meanwhile, a person who thinks things contrary to physical reality isn't given another look. Something's not right here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I 100% agree with you. Most of the people who have mental issues are not a danger to themselves or others. However, most of the people who are a danger to themselves or others do have mental issues. When it's determined someone has a mental issue of some sort, it's a good idea to double check to make sure that they are not a danger. All that said, federal law does not differentiate so logically. If a court rules that a person is "mentally defective", then they can't own a firearm unless their state has specific laws that allow them to regain their rights. Get injured to the point that someone has to go to court to take legal control of your affairs for a temporary period of time and you're deemed mentally defective for life regardless of the fact that you make a full recovery and never demonstrate that you might harm yourself or others. Meanwhile, a person who thinks things contrary to physical reality isn't given another look. Something's not right here.
    Great reason to have medical power of attorney in place at all times. Then nobody has to go to court and have you "adjudicated" as incompetent. It's a good CYA and avoids delays associated with going to court in the heat of an emergency. Things done in haste always have unintended consequences.

Feedback Score
    The recent explosion in child, adolescent, and young adult gender dysphoria is not due to a sudden discovery that these people have always been amongst us, too frightened of our bigoted natures to announce themselves, but rather aggressive efforts directed at culture change applied via systemic influence of US education, news, and entertainment, funded and directed by hostile sources both inside and outside the US with various individual interests whose only coaxial goal appears to be significant disruption of the status quo.

As the the new, richest people in town, from our recent 1783 lottery winnings, we've naively ignored our gut instincts about the former richest families all inviting us out to the remote abandoned house for a party and now that we've arrived, we've found everyone's countenance hostile, the door locked behind us, and the lights turned out.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Unfortunately there is indeed "discord" in this country, 'cause while some may seek to stoke the fires or widen the gulf even more, we do actually have VERY different opinions on how things should go. Enough so that I can feel quite confident to say that roughly half this country has their head firmly planted up their ass. Yeah, they may say the same about us but I don't GAF. I know who's on the correct side of history, and it isn't the Left.

This is a divided country, and I proudly stand on one side. "Compromise" only goes the Leftist way (i.e. they get something and you not only don't get any-damn-thing but you give up more rights). Nah, I have no desire to join hands and sing kumbaya......quite the contrary, fvck them and the Prius's they rode in on.
    The Discord, that I believe he is mentioning, is a social media platform based on servers that are similar to chat forums with different channels in it. Some can be open, but the majority are invite only and private to outsiders. I believe only pre-Musk Twitter was potentially more degenerate and far left than Discord is but it may have been a closer race before the purchase.
    Last edited by ap1220; 03-30-23 at 09:41.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Great reason to have medical power of attorney in place at all times. Then nobody has to go to court and have you "adjudicated" as incompetent. It's a good CYA and avoids delays associated with going to court in the heat of an emergency. Things done in haste always have unintended consequences.
    This is exactly what my friend failed to do. The attorney that his wife hired didn't mention the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The recent explosion in child, adolescent, and young adult gender dysphoria is not due to a sudden discovery that these people have always been amongst us, too frightened of our bigoted natures to announce themselves, but rather aggressive efforts directed at culture change applied via systemic influence of US education, news, and entertainment, funded and directed by hostile sources both inside and outside the US with various individual interests whose only coaxial goal appears to be significant disruption of the status quo.
    Nailed it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    For all those that haven’t caught on yet-despite all the information out there including social media posts, etc…- the degenerate Left wants everyone on the Right either submissive or dead. There is no compromise or middle ground with that.
    I am far from an expert on radical Muslims and Jihad but if I’m not mistaken isn’t the prime tenant they subscribe to very similar, everyone who isn’t like them must be either submissive or dead. Again, similarly, no compromise or middle ground is even sought.

Just a bit unsettling that the alphabet community and the left have adopted the same principles.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I'll just drop this here. Like him or not he makes some good points.

There are more guns in private hands in The USA than there are citizens in the USA. IF we really had a gun problem, it would be a world shaking event. IMHO the problem is mentally unstable people running amok. Not the guns. Maybe it we locked up the nuts instead of the guns? THIS is why I am against red-flag laws. As others have mentioned, if someone is too dangerous to possess guns, then maybe THEY should be locked up instead of the firearm.

Why worry so much about marijuana on the 4473? I am more worried about people taking stuff like Prozac, because of the the underlying REASON they are taking such drugs... Oh well. Nothing to see here. Move along... Move along...

U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Protesters at the TN state capital demanding gun control. Not too surprising considering Nashville is a liberal hub but I am still going to call my state representative and Senator and tell them NO on any gun control laws.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-...d-gun-control/
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast