Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help selecting gas block.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Rocksett is better than loctite for this application.

You can stake the screws too.
    You may want to hold off on the staking until you make sure your rifle runs properly. Sucks to undo the work you did when you are a 1/2 hole off. Of course I would not be speaking from experience
    Last edited by PrarieDog; 01-13-13 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Pinned is better, but red locktite on a BCM gasblock with a dimpled barrel is pretty damn good. BCM uses set screws with a knurled tip on them to dig into the barrel.
    Anyone know if Vltor's GB has the same type of set screw tips as the BCM version? I should know this but don't. I have one mounted now. Will be taking it off soon.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It would be good to know. The BCM and Vltor low profile gas blocks are extremely similar (minus the cuts in the Vltor block). Knowing the relationship BCM and Vltor has, I wouldn't doubt they are the same gas block.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 01-13-13 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It would be good to know. The BCM and Vltor low profile gas blocks are extremely similar (minus the cuts in the Vltor block). Knowing the relationship BCM and Vltor has, I wouldn't doubt they are the same gas block.
    Good point and agree with the Vltor/BCM relationship.

Anyone know who actually designed (or was on the design team) for BCM's Comp? Not trying to start anything but everytime I look at mine it reminds me of Vltor's flash hider.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post

Anyone know who actually designed (or was on the design team) for BCM's Comp? Not trying to start anything but everytime I look at mine it reminds me of Vltor's flash hider.

-Jax
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=121103
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Appreciate the link CoryCop. Completely missed that thread.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Geissele Automatics will be releasing the Super Gas Block soon after we return from SHOT that has 2 set screws and can be pinned. It is listed on our website under Armorer's Tools.

JB
    Geissele Automatics

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post

-Jax
    I asked about any link between Vltor and the BCM comp in the announcement thread. Military Moron replied back and said it was NOT a joint BCM / Vltor project. I'm assuming it was designed in house by BCM, maybe part of their new skunk works / R&D division. With Eric joining the BCM team, I expect that we will see a lot more coming from BCM in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
    Geissele Automatics will be releasing the Super Gas Block soon after we return from SHOT that has 2 set screws and can be pinned. It is listed on our website under Armorer's Tools.

JB
    Geissele Automatics
    Very interesting, that's so much for the heads up sir!
    Will be looking out for that product ASSP!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast