Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attention Ohioans!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    It passed today...Now the Gov. has to sign it..
    Excellent, and its a done deal. Nice! Now I can carry my preloaded rifle mags to the range and not have to worry.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Damn straight!
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Governor Kasich signed it on 12/20 and the changes take effect March 22, 2013.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8697

The bill makes the following changes:

Eliminates the "demonstrated competency" requirement for second and future CHL renewals, making CHL training similar to a hunting license.
    Fixes the definition of a "loaded gun" to match the commonly accepted definition.
    Allows law-abiding gun owners to have their firearms stored in their cars in the state-owned parking garages such as the one under the Statehouse.

****in' A!
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    Best ****ing news that I have heard in a while concerning gun rights. I am glad some common sense is still alive out there.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    Fixes the definition of a "loaded gun" to match the commonly accepted definition.
    So what does this mean for us? Loaded mags can be in the vehicle just not with the weapon (if individual has no CCW)?
    Last edited by munch520; 02-07-13 at 14:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think what you want to hear is "loaded" no longer means there is a AR magazine in the trunk with 29 rounds inserted, and a AR15 in the back seat with no mag in it.

That will be legal when this law goes into effect on 03/27/2013. Just think, a loaded mag in the trunk, and an empty gun in the backseat will no longer be considered loaded. I know, shocking.

A loaded gun will be defined as a gun with a magazine that has ammo in it, and that magazine is inserted into a weapon that fires with that magazine. Again, shocking.

One point to note is that loaded magazines need to be in a separate container from the gun.

I ain't no lawyer, so read this on your own!

--------------
    A firearm in a vehicle now will be considered unloaded if there is no ammunition in the firearm in question, and no magazine containing ammunition is inserted into the firearm in question, and 1 or 2 applies:

1 - There is no ammunition in a magazine that is in the vehicle in question and that may be used with the firearm in question, or

2 - Any magazine that contains ammunition and that may be used with the firearm in question is stored in a compartment within the vehicle in question that cannot be accessed without leaving the vehicle or is stored in a container that provides complete and separate enclosure. Such a container includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

A package, box, or case with multiple compartments, as long as the loaded magazine and the firearm in question either are in separate compartments within the package, box, or case, or, if they are in the same compartment, the magazine is contained within a separate enclosure in that compartment that does not contain the firearm and that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents or the firearm is contained within a separate enclosure of that nature in that compartment that does not contain the magazine

A pocket or other enclosure on the person of the person in question that closes using a snap, button, buckle, zipper, hook and loop closing mechanism, or other fastener that must be opened to access the contents.

--------------

http://www.ohioccw.org/201301225065/...th-hb-495.html
    It's great for a handgun and my first interest in it was after playing call of duty with the lil red dot that look like the rmr.
    from TOS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Crap, how did I miss this? Great news!

The days of Ohio gun laws being an embarrassment are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

I never bothered with a trunk rifle because of how screwed up this part of our laws were but this changes things dramatically for the better.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-24-13 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good news for my Ohio friends! As Ohio is a state contiguous to Michigan, and as I sometimes travel in the Buckeye State, I like to keep track of what is and what ain’t OK in OH. MI and OH gun owners should consider each other as brothers….the war has been over for 177 years, after all  (From Wiki: “The single military confrontation of the "war" [between Ohio and Michigan, 1836] ended with a report of shots being fired into the air, incurring no casualties.”

Has this been fixed though:
    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923

(E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

I just checked it and it seems to still be in force. One word for my OH friends: NEXT.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    (E) “Automatic firearm” means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. “Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

I just checked it and it seems to still be in force. One word for my OH friends: NEXT.
    Oh, yeah. There is still much full retard in the ORC. It will take some time to root it all out, but don't worry, we don't tire.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do you guys happen to know which is the best pro gun rights association for the State of Ohio? Any link provided will be appreciated. Thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast