Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: H&K MP7 pictures...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He probably is on a first name basis with some hk reps so he is able to arrange a shoot with one for tac tv and not actually own one is my guess

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't be surprised if LAV owns a class 3 business or is employed by one. He also previously consulted for HK and helped with the HK45. Maybe he is still on payroll and considered an employee.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    I find it humorous that the ONLY 2 US users of the MP7 listed on Wikipedia is:
    United States NSW DEV GROUP (SEAL Team 6)
    &
    Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety in California:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP7

Those must be some BAMF Tier 1 super cops in Sunnyvale
    This made me LOL
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    Gun belongs to a local PD, the amo is not cheap, and the recoil is like a 22MAG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNN0UV7NmOk
    This is a video of me shooting LAV's MP7 during a past Tac TV shoot in Los Angeles. Surefire can.
    So, it's like a P90, but shoots an even smaller round, has less capacity, and retained that horrible selector lever from all the other H&K sub guns that requires Yao Ming's thumbs to operate?

Feedback Score
    But it has very cool thigh holster! (or rather a mounting bracket).

And selector is not that bad at all. I actually did not notice it to be bad in any way.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    MP7 is very popular in Southeast Asia, both in Police and SOF units of several countries. That is why German government ban put on HK to prevent sales outside NATO countries (recently lifted) hurt them so much.
    Do they do stupid nonsense like this to purposely stifle economic growth or?

Feedback Score
    There is political support from Greens and far left to "kill HK" as "merchant of death" that look for every real or fake reason to harm them. Official language was that German made weapons are too good to let them fall in wrong hands. There was big anti-HK campaign that weapons delivered for Mexican Police and Military were used to fight some insurgents. Probably govt decide that if HK can not police themselves, who they sell, govt will do that for them.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    There is political support from Greens and far left to "kill HK" as "merchant of death" that look for every real or fake reason to harm them. Official language was that German made weapons are too good to let them fall in wrong hands. There was big anti-HK campaign that weapons delivered for Mexican Police and Military were used to fight some insurgents. Probably govt decide that if HK can not police themselves, who they sell, govt will do that for them.
    This makes me sad...

All the more reason to open up shop in the USA.

Feedback Score
    Not really. HK (and several other companies) live mostly because US companies are effectively cut of from worldwide market by US export restrictions. Of course there are procedures to get licenses for mil/LE or civilian uses, but those licenses are liability (for eg. US assumes to have jurisdiction over exported goods even when they left US). It is worth to get them when country wants to have F16 or JAASM, or individual wants to have JP racing rifle, but not when someone wants to outfit their Army or Police in small arms. Sales like LMT to UK or LWRCi to Saudis are small and rare. Only countries that get US made small arms for free from US govt use them. In meantime HK or FN outfit whole countries or top units in most countires.

Of course US internal market is huge, but for HK to move to US (because only total movement to US will free them from German govt, merely opening plant in US means nothing - German govt assumes jurisdiction over any actions of HK or HK subsidiaries even those outside Germany) they would need to give up position of one of top dogs worldwide, to become underdog in US.
    Montrala

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You are correct Montrala, some Americans have a very myopic view of the world.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast