Thread: Hezbollah and Iran find new strength in Latin America

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hezbollah and Iran find new strength in Latin America

While people focus on a caravan of people trying to make our borders, which while needs to be dealt with, is low priority from a national security threat, many continue to ignore what's happening in Venezuela in particular (which I have posted about in prior threads), and the region. I think that constitutes a legit national security threat that may leave us little choice but to do a Panama on the place:

Under the Radar: Hezbollah and Iran find new strength in Latin America

Pay attention to your neighbours

One might not immediately associate Hezbollah and Iran with Latin America. Nevertheless, both have been active there since the 1980s – taking advantage of corrupt governments, porous borders and occasionally collaborating with certain administrations particularly ripe with anti-American sentiment. Hezbollah, with Iran’s guidance, has used the region as a marketplace, selling drugs and laundering money back to Lebanon. Such activities pose serious risks and demand renewed international attention.

Overall, Latin America, Central America, and the Caribbean offer Iran and Hezbollah fertile territory to build relations, bolster economic development and spread their ideology. Their efforts are made easier by governments such as Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Ecuador, whose hostility to U.S. interests manifest as non-cooperation on U.S. counterterror and defense partnerships. The Iranian regime also associates with the Bolivarian Alliance of the Countries of Our America (ALBA), a group created by Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, which resists the United States through political and economic means.

Cont:

https://globalriskinsights.com/2017/...dQQCXl9Ud3UDbI
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    South and Central America has always been North America's backdoor. The Commies tried hard during the Cold War to infiltrate throughout the region via revolutions and jihadists are no different, they want easy access to CONUS.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    with the fall of religion happening more and more the resistance of what was catholics and the ability to kill and slaughter your enemy being OK in islam I can see some accepting that are on the wrong side but I can also see many saying no we are already in control ?

kinda like the left partnering with them the one side hopes when the conquering has happened they can take out the other side and I think that is the thing that is going to make the biggest mess is the final control and who gets it !

but for sure the Caribbean and parts of South America I can see it happening more since its been there in small numbers already

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    but for sure the Caribbean and parts of South America I can see it happening more since its been there in small numbers already
    Some people just want to be subjugated.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There was an interesting expose on this about a year ago (Politico, maybe?) regarding a joint operation run by DEA that linked Hezbollah and Revolutionary Guard to various RICO-type activities in Latin and Central America. The climax of the story - Obama DOJ nixed the whole thing at the point where the U.S. Attorney was ready to bring indictments, partly because it coincided with key points in negotiations regarding the Iran nuclear deal. Our backyard continues to be a ready source of hard currency for Hezbollah and Iran.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    And don't forget China as well....
    Our Southern border is a serious potential Achilles heel and I find endlessly annoying that so many in the US want to leave it unsecured so they can secure a steady stream of future leftist voters...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    And don't forget China as well....
    Our Southern border is a serious potential Achilles heel and I find endlessly annoying that so many in the US want to leave it unsecured so they can secure a steady stream of future leftist voters...
    Meanwhile we focus on places like Syria.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Meanwhile we focus on places like Syria.
    Those pipelines aren't going to build themselves.