Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Native Born Texans voted 51% for Beto vs. 48% for Cruz

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    I just shot water out my nose j was laughing so hard.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    This I have seen first hand. My question is: How come it didn't work on me? Or all the other people that didn't fall for it?
    Good question. I don't know the answer.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 11-10-18 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    I was hoping that part of "draining the swamp" would be putting an end to voter fraud and illegals voting. Guess we haven't gotten to that part of the swamp yet.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    There are hundreds of thousands of college aged kids who's parents more or less allowed them to be raised by the public school system, whether they are "anchor babies" or 6th generation American, all they know is the progressive, leftist, propaganda they've been bombarded with daily since elementary school. Many of them are so deeply indoctrinated they have difficulty even questioning what they've been told to believe.
    Agreed. That is the master plan. Jimmy Carter KNEW what he was doing when he created the Department of Indoctrination (Education).

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    You guys have to have at least 20% of the voters being illegals to get those numbers. I can't believe that Texas is 50/50 Dem/Rep. Unless it's all just bullshit and Texas is the New California like Colorado is becoming.
    Both of the above. Now that Colorado has been successfully taken over, the locust swarms from CA are descending on Arizona and Texas. It's just a matter of time before those states turn dark blue. Add the thousands of illegal alien votes and it will happen that much sooner. Were going to see TWO (D) senators in AZ in the next 10 years or LESS. Mark my words.

So far, the federal courts have ruled that states cannot have an electoral system. THAT imho is the only thing that will save the republic. Even California would be a red state if the rest of the state got as much of a say as San Fransisco and L.A. do...

I was hoping that part of "draining the swamp" would be putting an end to voter fraud and illegals voting. Guess we haven't gotten to that part of the swamp yet.
    I'm starting to think that we've hit the tipping point on that one. The millions that are illegally voting (D) now, will just do it legally then next time that there is a (D) POTUS. There will be amnesty at some point, then they will all have voter registration. The moderate progressive RINOs are on board too. The support to fix this is not there. Whats worse, the areas with the worse offenders are all (D) controlled. They are not going to cut off their own food supply.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Agreed, stop illegals from coming here by building a wall, adding border security, deporting illegals here and ending voter fraud need to be top priority items, although it will be hard to act on them with the Dems controlling the House.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    You guys have to have at least 20% of the voters being illegals to get those numbers. I can't believe that Texas is 50/50 Dem/Rep. Unless it's all just bullshit and Texas is the New California like Colorado is becoming.
    Your premise is wrong. I don't doubt there were some illegal votes; however, it appears we simply had a bunch of lazy-assed Rs and the Ds got out the vote better. There are 15.6 million total registered voters in Texas and only 53% of that total voted in the midterms.

It was much worse in the 2018 primary where only 10% of total registered voters bothered to vote.
    Last edited by austinN4; 11-11-18 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grass roots, all politics are local.
    If you want Texas to stay Red, what needs to happen is State and Local political leaders need to get out very regularly and press the flesh and meet the voters and explain to them why the R brand is better for them.
    It does no good to sit in an ivory tower for a year and a half and then begrudgingly go out for six months and try to get re elected. The Governor and the Lieutenant Governor need to be getting down on the ground at least once a week to establish the brand. They need to be getting with Mayors and R Candidates to make their point.
    A big part of "Representing" people is actually getting down on the ground and listening to them as you take note of their concerns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Grass roots, all politics are local.
    If you want Texas to stay Red, what needs to happen is State and Local political leaders need to get out very regularly and press the flesh and meet the voters and explain to them why the R brand is better for them.
    It does no good to sit in an ivory tower for a year and a half and then begrudgingly go out for six months and try to get re elected. The Governor and the Lieutenant Governor need to be getting down on the ground at least once a week to establish the brand. They need to be getting with Mayors and R Candidates to make their point.
    A big part of "Representing" people is actually getting down on the ground and listening to them as you take note of their concerns.
    Abbott came to town two years ago, I have a photo of him and I shaking hands. His Texas Ranger PSD looked me up and down as I was printing pretty bad that day lol.

These mid-terms have put a fire under my butt, I have voted in every election since I was legally able to including every mid-term. But now I'm thinking of volunteering or something to help out more than just merely voting or taking someone with me to the poles. Before me, my wife never voted now she votes in every election to include the local ones since she sees how much our taxes keep going up every year. I got my FIL to go vote in the mid-terms, it was his first time to ever do that. We can all do more.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    First of all, Texas dodged a bullet. Like a .50 BMG. I don't know what the whole Beto run for Senate was all about but I believe there is an agenda behind it. I believe this because of the amount of money he raised from outside Texas. He raised millions from donors and celebrities across the US. Like more money than you need to raise to run for Senate.

Beto didn't say anything different than any other democrat candidate.

To which I know have a successful step-by-step formula for running for office as a democrat:

1. Speak only to liberals and millennials, remember to use the phrase "us", "we" when referring to your campaign.

2. Explain that Trump and GOP takes credit for what democrats have been fighting for, for years, then explain why Trump is actually failing at economics, foreign policy, equal rights, immigration etc. and how progressive policies would help make a better America.

3. Talk about the rising cost of health care. This is when you introduce your comprehensive 5 step plan to reduce the cost while benefiting millions. This is when you point out that countries like Canada and Denmark have tremendous success.

4. Talk about legalizing marijuana, state a bunch of facts you found online like marijuana helps treat and prevent illnesses- then list up to 5 serious illnesses, then cite the source as some doctor no ones ever heard of. When doing this, you really need to use a lot of medical words, and phrases that doctors use because liberals go nuts over that shit. They will think you have the expertise and authority on medical marijuana.

5. Talk about the rising cost of tuition, don't say anything about teachers union or the fact that most universities are liberal, just explain that no one should have to spend there live savings on an education.

6. Talk heavily on immigration, don't inform anyone between the difference between illegal or legal immigration- its all the same. Make sure to justify immigration by saying that these are people just like you who want a better life. Liberals go nuts over that.

7. Now its time to bring up a "common sense gun reform" that is supported across the isle. This will bring applause. Explain what common sense is first, then talk about all the mass shooting in the past and how no one should live in fear.

8. Talk bout women being able to be in charge of there own bodies and how women's health,(abortion) should be left alone and that Planned Parenthood actually serves millions of women annually with breast exams etc.

10. This is the time to say , "I cant do this without you" and subtly ask for money.

11. Now conclude with they typical "we are going to clean up Washington" bullshit.
    Last edited by elephant; 11-16-18 at 21:50.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast