Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Releasing the slide after reload: slide release or slingshot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    and also relayed a story about how a team mate of his accidentally got a bit of glove into the ejection port
    I've done this with my issued M9 and flight gloves. Locked the pistol right up. No idea how it happened. Luckily, I was on a range on a nice sunny day and not in some shithole. It still made me change glove types and got me using the slide release with my support thumb. It's a very deliberate action but no more deliberate than focusing on proper sight picture during a trigger pull.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Shooting is fun.

Training is gratifying.

Racing the clock is satisfying.

Achieving skill is empowering.

Fighting goes far beyond split and par times and choice of finishing your speed reload. Fast reload times are nice but most likely way down the list of needs when in a lethal confrontation. I would echo others that many here could use FoF, FATs, room clearing, malfunctions, and a really honest appraisal of your actual danger vectors before any minor increased shooting skills are pursued.

I like measuring times so I can be sure of a skillset and make fun of friends and colleagues, but I also know lots of men and women far slower than me but have succeeded in way more violent confrontations than me and continue to do so daily.

Mindset is everything.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dennis; 11-19-18 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Quoted for truth. Where is the Operator known as Stengun when we really need him?
    Off somewhere practicing his Photoshop skills, I would imagine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Off somewhere practicing his Photoshop skills, I would imagine.
    Stengun, some say he's banned, some say he never will be.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Jeremiah Johnson...Awesome movie. Redford's best.

At one point I spent somewhere between ten to fifteen thousand rounds training to always release the slide with my hand rather than using the slide catch. I fumbled it not infrequently. As soon as I started using the slide stop the fumbles went away and my reloads became much more efficient and reliable. I won't be going back.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Trust me, he'll always be banned.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I tested this some time ago, 10 runs each method on two different days with hits in the A zone at 7 yards. Ascending times were .15-.20 from release with support hand, strong hand and thumb/point finger of support hand. I don't run extended slide stops/releases since they usually cause more problems for me than helping. The way I manipulate the magazine and my support hand, after insertion my point finger hits the touch point under the trigger guard about the same time my thumb hits the release as I'm moving the gun back on target completing the grip and tracking the sight, taking the slack up and busting it once I see what I need to.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789