Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you miss most in a collapse/emergency?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not having to watch your back 24/7.
    A hot shower with soap

I think there are a lot more things i would like in a collapse or emergency.

Feedback Score
    my world would get real rough as an epileptic and no modern medicine. i hate to admit it, but id probably be one of the jerks who hits the pharmacy and "loots" what i need right off the getgo to make sure i have time to establish as much stability in my kids' life before i ran out of meds.
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by woody d View Post
    my world would get real rough as an epileptic and no modern medicine. i hate to admit it, but id probably be one of the jerks who hits the pharmacy and "loots" what i need right off the getgo to make sure i have time to establish as much stability in my kids' life before i ran out of meds.
    I have family members who REQUIRE meds to live and it pisses me off that the DR cannot write 'scripts to give more than a 30 day buffer. These are non-narcotic, non-psychotropic heart meds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    I have family members who REQUIRE meds to live and it pisses me off that the DR cannot write 'scripts to give more than a 30 day buffer. These are non-narcotic, non-psychotropic heart meds.
    that really puts you in a bad spot..i can relate. nothing i take has any "street useage" as far as i know, yet i have to see a neurologist monthly to do blood work and get a prescript called in. its just a little way they can continue to reap the benefits of my piss poor insurance.
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I mean this in a constructive, philosophical manner, not bashing at all:

What if someone said to himself, "That guy has the medicine my ____ needs, so I'm going to take it from him." And then he proceeded to take someone's medicine. Maybe he has ten well organized friends and he is unable to be stopped. Does this make him in the right? This is along the same lines as you having food, the next guy doesn't, his family is starving to death, so in his mind he feels he is justified to take your food. Same goes for medicine. Someone else will need the same medicine so by looting the pharmacy, you have probably killed someone else.

I have given this subject much thought. Still not sure how I would proceed. It's a tough subject.

Maybe we should start a thread on this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    I started another thread here about the book "One Second After", may I suggest that to you. It deals with a lot of what you just described, it may give you some ideas, maybe not. I think you will find it interesting.
    Thank you, I will look it up!
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's criminal is what it is. This insurance/health care debate hits home with me and makes me pretty angry for reasons just like you describe above.

I would have no issue at all with looting a pharmacy in the opening stages of a complete collapse. Stealing from Pharmy companies, and insurance companies doesn't really rub me wrong in any way shape or form.

I think it is critical in disaster planning to realize where your medical supplies are, and I wonder (maybe someone can fill me in on this), if cities and towns have figured out ways to secure and distribute medical supplies during an emergency?
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Edit:

This post was moved to this discussion https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d=1#post604703 as 6933 suggested starting a new subject regarding these issues.
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 03-18-10 at 18:18.
    -me

-coworker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    Your point about Toilet Paper is well taken. I am sitting on well over 100 rolls of it.
    If I had 1 round of ammo for every sheet of TP I got squirreled away......... I'd be in good shape on ammo.

Feedback Score
    some docs will do it for expeditions and such
    I think their might be a way ? I dont have names but when I went to Honduras to live I got a few things ahead of time for emergency and then picked up what I needed when I was down there

try searching for expedition doctors this way you can usually get the meds you need when you plan on doing a long expedition so planning on a 6 month expedition might get him the meds he would need for that 6 month trip
    Last edited by Honu; 03-19-10 at 03:12.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast