Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VORTEX: Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6 v. Razor HD Gen III 1-10

Feedback Score

VORTEX: Razor HD Gen II-E 1-6 v. Razor HD Gen III 1-10

On a 14.5 ‘recce’ style carbine, with the priority being given to 1x magnification but also wanting the ability to make good hits at 3-500 meters, is the Gen III 1-10 going to offer anything other than 4x extra magnification over the Gen II 1-6?

I feel like they’ve both been out in the wild long enough and run hard enough for folks to have a general idea of the pluses and minuses of each optic. And I know it seems like a dumb enough question, with a very obvious seeming answer of “4x more mag makes the Gen III the better LPVO” but I sometimes wonder if that is really the case… specifically looking at 1x performance.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The 1-10 will give you the ability to be a little more precise at those distances but that only matters on your target size. If you’re 2 gunning and only have to hit a b/c plate, it’s not that much of an advantage. If you need to hit a 10” pie plate at 475, it is. If most of your work is closer than 500, the 1-6 is a better option. The reticle on the 1-10 isn’t awesome for close up work on 1x.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The bdc reticle paired with an 14-18” is pure magic out to 400.
    My buddy and I put it on a timer against a 1-8 NF. The 1-6x cleaned it. I cannot imagine that the 1-10x would do any better.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    My buddy and I put it on a timer against a 1-8 NF. The 1-6x cleaned it. I cannot imagine that the 1-10x would do any better.
    Which NF 1-8?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Which NF 1-8?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Which NF 1-8?
    It was the NX8.
    I think the difference is that while the mil reticle required thought, the bcd was point and click, giving me the ability to make hits much faster.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It was the NX8.
    I think the difference is that while the mil reticle required thought, the bcd was point and click, giving me the ability to make hits much faster.
    If you know your reticle, you know your reticle. The Nx8 has a tighter eye box than a razor, which may subconsciously also been a factor.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If priority is 1x like you said, hands down your best options are razor 1-6 or Kahles k16i. Anything with 8x + or ffp will have a negative impact on 1x field of view and eye box.

I use a 1-6 for 2-gun and engage small poppers up to bc targets from 100-550. Not once have I ever needed more then 6x.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ^
    He’s right.
    Illumination is also affected by going FFP.
    I actually usually leave mine on 3x for faster transitions inside of 400.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    ^
    He’s right.
    Illumination is also affected by going FFP.
    I actually usually leave mine on 3x for faster transitions inside of 400.
    I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve said it but the lume and eyebox on the 1-10 is just as good as on the 1-6, as long as you set the diopter correctly, which is more picky than on the 1-6. The only reason not to get the 1-10 is price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast