Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shootout in Florida

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...r-family-says/

Interesting. This was not their first rodeo.
    Handguns vs rifles.

It doesn’t change anything but I have a hunch the perps killed the bystander. I may be wrong. But a hunch.

Still a learning moment for sure
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-08-19 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    Police tactics questioned after UPS truck police chase ends in deadly shootout

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ups-tru...ed-2019-12-06/

But Manny Orosa, who was Miami-Dade's police chief from 2011 to 2015, questions the tactic given the number of civilians and the hostage.

"If you're shooting into a truck and you don't have a clear vision of who you're shooting at, you don't just shoot at the truck," Orosa said.

It's not clear yet who fired the shots that killed the UPS driver and the innocent bystander. A complete investigation could take months, even years. The Miami-Dade officers who opened fire have been placed on administrative leave, which is standard during these types of investigations.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    On a lot of other forums, this incident is being turned into a "Jack-Booted Thug" slam fest. I think the whole incident got out of control, especially when the shooting started, but I am not a Law Enforcement basher. I have too many friends in that profession and it's a tough way to make a living sometimes.

However, there is an element in this Country called the Alt-Right, and they are fringe operators who are anarchists and hate any kind of government or law enforcement. They are the extreme fringe Right equivalent to ANTIFA on the extreme far Left. The Alt-Right likes to cloak themselves in the word Patriot, but are nothing but a bunch of social outcasts and dead-enders who just don't fit in normal society.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    On a lot of other forums, this incident is being turned into a "Jack-Booted Thug" slam fest. I think the whole incident got out of control, especially when the shooting started, but I am not a Law Enforcement basher. I have too many friends in that profession and it's a tough way to make a living sometimes.

However, there is an element in this Country called the Alt-Right, and they are fringe operators who are anarchists and hate any kind of government or law enforcement. They are the extreme fringe Right equivalent to ANTIFA on the extreme far Left. The Alt-Right likes to cloak themselves in the word Patriot, but are nothing but a bunch of social outcasts and dead-enders who just don't fit in normal society.
    The alt right is united by extreme nationalism, anti egalitarianism, and just basic racism, not anarchism. And I'm not sure why you're bringing them up in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    The alt right is united by extreme nationalism, anti egalitarianism, and just basic racism, not anarchism. And I'm not sure why you're bringing them up in this thread.
    If you follow the Alt-Right group and try to keep up what they're up to, this Florida incident is just causing them to come unhinged, with all kinds of anti-LE rants and a push for the Boogaloo. They push their own version of anarchy in a destruction of organized government and rebuilding the system into something they like, very much like the Communist Progressive Left and ANTIFA allies.

Believe me, I have interacted personally with such people in person and they profess Alt-Right philosophy, even though they get irritated when given that label.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What would be the prudent thing to do if this was your commute home? Pat Mac would say don’t get boxed in but...

Do folks need to ride around in SAPIs and a MICH to work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    What would be the prudent thing to do if this was your commute home? Pat Mac would say don’t get boxed in but...

IIRC there is a white truck/van that beats feet out of the kill zone. That driver seems like the only one with any situational awareness.

It seems that the left hand ‘barrier’ was just a curb, not a Jersey barrier?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post

The average person will just continue living their normal lives and won't change anything. They shouldn't have to, but it's part of living and the risks in an urban environment. One thing for sure if there's a gunfight going on around you, and your car is boxed in, just don't sit in car. Try to figure out where the action is and crawl out and move away. If you've got small children, use your body to shield them while crawling away.

There's no perfect answer, and I am certain there were some people in the cars around this gunfight who just sat there, unable to fathom what was happening. That's one of the normal human responses.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    If you follow the Alt-Right group and try to keep up what they're up to, this Florida incident is just causing them to come unhinged, with all kinds of anti-LE rants and a push for the Boogaloo. They push their own version of anarchy in a destruction of organized government and rebuilding the system into something they like, very much like the Communist Progressive Left and ANTIFA allies.

Believe me, I have interacted personally with such people in person and they profess Alt-Right philosophy, even though they get irritated when given that label.

I’m with opmike

Where are you seeing that? Another forum perhaps?
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The 1986 Miami FBI shootout has been a case study for 30+ years, and rightly so. This melee on a busy interstate, I feel, will be treated much differently. It just looked like a wild free for all and we are fortunate there weren’t a lot more casualties.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast