Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running in 2020

Feedback Score

Running in 2020

It's still cold here in Ohio, but not as cold as usual. And since I am a fair weather runner, I usually don't hit the road until March or April. But today I started and got 2 miles in. The last time I ran was late last summer and usually stick to walking all year long (indoors and outdoors). In 2013, I ran over 500 miles. I doubt I will hit that number again anytime soon, but I think I'd like to do at least 200 this year.

Have 2020 running goals? What are they? Will you add races?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife and I both have running goals for 2020. First and foremost, just to get back out there and ramp up on our miles. We moved to a new state last year and have two kids under 3, so it's been challenging. Our last race was a 25k in 2018, so we're eager to get back out there. The wife will be training up for a half marathon in the Rockies, and I'll be pushing a running stroller behind her

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ran a 5k last night, followed by tequila and nachos. I genuinely hate running, but I try to do a 5k every week or two.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Living in Central Texas. I get to run pretty much year around, limited rain permitting. I try to do 3 miles around the neighborhood 4-5 times a week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Ran a 5k last night, followed by tequila and nachos. I genuinely hate running, but I try to do a 5k every week or two.
    Those are the best kind of 5k's - also the ones where they pass out shots during the race.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
    It's still cold here in Ohio, but not as cold as usual. And since I am a fair weather runner, I usually don't hit the road until March or April. But today I started and got 2 miles in. The last time I ran was late last summer and usually stick to walking all year long (indoors and outdoors). In 2013, I ran over 500 miles. I doubt I will hit that number again anytime soon, but I think I'd like to do at least 200 this year.

Have 2020 running goals? What are they? Will you add races?
    I have a low opinion of running myself:

https://brinkzone.com/why-running-still-sucks/

It's a low value for effort form of exercise in my view.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Running 9-15 miles a week, mixture of sprints and zone 3ish, going to up it as I have pretty ambitious endurance goals by end of 2020. I wish I was 10 years younger cause I took it for granted my ability to heal overnight...
    I'm trying to find a place within peace. And if not, let us fill it with mayhem.
    -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Wow! Every week or two? We don't get that many here in Ohio. They mostly schedule them from April to September. I try and do the Charity ones so that I don't feel stupid paying $20-$25 to run on the road.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have a low opinion of running myself:

It's a low value for effort form of exercise in my view.
    Interesting, most folks tend to see it as exactly the opposite when it comes to value for effort.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not particularly interested in the most "efficient" or "effective" workout. I enjoy turning the old brain off, cruising for 30-35 minutes and stretching before and after. I ain't trying to be the best at exercising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast