Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun, Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am pleased to announce Heckler & Koch has donated an Exemplar knife and a whole box of hats to support the match - thanks HK!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And I am also excited to announce our own Todd Banus has contributed a certificate for a free entry into his HeartBreak RnG coming up in February!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A word of warning: this is not your typical match, in which I design stages so most people succeed. To give you a taste of 5th Group life, the shooting stages are pretty complex. The shooting itself is fairly simple - IF you were fresh (not exhausted) and had all the time in the world. But you don't. And you won't be.

It will be a rare person that finishes the entire match without failing at SOMETHING. I'm guessing there will be a few who fail to complete EVERY shooting stage.

When that happens, keep in mind 5th Group is not successful because they never fail. They are successful because they KEEP GOING despite failing over and over again, and being faced with situations MUCH more dire than simply failing a stage at a match.

Then pick yourself up, gather your gear, and trudge forward to the next challenge. I promise you, you will NOT be the only one to fail. Embrace it. Learn from it. And keep going.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 09-03-18 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Looking like high 80s and chances of rain from thursday to monday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Looking like high 80s and chances of rain from thursday to monday.
    Never trust the weatherman - they're wrong half the time!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well just want to put a thanks to Matt and the others who put in all the hard work to make this happen. It was hot and muggy but there looked to be a lot of happy faces to have done it. Great match and hope all those who participated had a good time. Look forward to making more matches at Rock Castle in the future.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hang in there 10ker's and range staff cause today is gonna suck. Not only do they have twice the distance, they have to do it in crappy heavy rain all day. The real gluttens for punishment of the event. Give'em hell today guys and gals.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 09-09-18 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Did the 10k yesterday. I cannot describe the level of suck it was. In the pouring rain the first stage started with a slide down a chute into three feet of water. Before you fired a shot you were completely soaked from the waist down. I hope someone posts a video to youtube. I'll take 15/66 on the shooting stages alone, though. It was a great time, but it broke me off- and I have done several of these.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the match shirt is still available online at https://www.shredderlife.com/shop/ until 9/14 for anybody that wasn't able to get the size they wanted. Thanks to everyone involved for coming out and supporting the SFA Chapter 38 and the Legion! DOL!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Did the 10k yesterday. I cannot describe the level of suck it was. In the pouring rain the first stage started with a slide down a chute into three feet of water. Before you fired a shot you were completely soaked from the waist down. I hope someone posts a video to youtube. I'll take 15/66 on the shooting stages alone, though. It was a great time, but it broke me off- and I have done several of these.
    We had one girl slip at Stage 1 and go completely submerged if it makes you feel any better. ;-)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast