Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers Tactical Arms on the Remington 870

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

Larry Vickers Tactical Arms on the Remington 870

I really enjoyed the Tactical Arms episode on the Remington 870. They packed a whale of a lot of info into the short time they have.

Larry, if you are reading this, were the upgraded 870s you were running have the Knoxx stock on them? It looked like it, but I wasn't sure.

Great show.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It looked like one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just built a nasty 870 with the knox /blackhawk stock set, +5 shell extension, running a 20 in barrel shoots smooooth

Feedback Score
    It looks like a Wilson Combat / Scattergun Technologies 870 w/ Knoxx Stock and Surefire fore-end. The sights are the most distinctive giveaway, but if you also watch at the end credits you'll see a slow pan of the gun where you can read the name. I recognized it immediately b/c it's been on my wish-list as something a little more refined to replace my 20" Mossberg 590 w/ Surefire.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's only like the 5th time i've seen that episode. I think Handguns just finished up their latest season...

"Leave the plane-jane model to duck hunting w/ your dad"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    hey guys, im stuck with basic cable, are episodes available anywhere besides the 'tube?
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    hey guys, im stuck with basic cable, are episodes available anywhere besides the 'tube?
    Ask, and you shall receive:

http://store.intermediaoutdoors.com/...d=TacticalArms

Mr. Vickers has heard your pleas from the wilderness. His upcoming show will be available for purchase by streaming video off the web. You can subscribe for a week, or the entire season.

It's the very last thing I needed so I could eliminate cable TV at my household. That will save me $100 every month. That first month's savings pays for an entire season for firearms watching.

Not bad at all!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ask, and you shall receive:

http://store.intermediaoutdoors.com/...d=TacticalArms

Mr. Vickers has heard your pleas from the wilderness. His upcoming show will be available for purchase by streaming video off the web. You can subscribe for a week, or the entire season.

It's the very last thing I needed so I could eliminate cable TV at my household. That will save me $100 every month. That first month's savings pays for an entire season for firearms watching.

Not bad at all!

as the kids say, "fer shizzle". I have an HOA that includes cable and had all the fancy stuff a few years back with comcast and it was a train wreck!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kh86 View Post
    "Leave the plane-jane model to duck hunting w/ your dad"
    Breaking from the thread's hijack over copyright........

I'm ASSUMING that is a quote from the episode regarding a defensive 870? I don't know because I have not seen it.

If so, in full respect I totally disagree with Mr. Vickers. The last thing a defensive shotgun needs is 4lbs of shit bolted on to it. A correct fitting stock, sling, and side-saddle are the only thing a shotgun needs (Maybe a light too).

The whole concept of turning a shotgun into a carbine is ludicrous. A shotgun is a short-range weapon, and will never fill the void of a carbine. Even running slugs & Flite-Control, it lacks the precision of a AKM, let alone a AR-15.

Just my opinion from shooting shotguns for years. I have in no way the respect, credentials, or form that Mr. Vickers has. I've just seen way too many 870/500/590/1300 shotguns that are pimped out with stuff that offers no real advantage except making a heavy weapon slower & heavier.

Just my $.02

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In full respect to LAV, you really should watch it before you critique it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast