Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: M110

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abn45bravo View Post
    Kevin are you guys ever going to fix the trigger I am getting sick of coding guns because the triggers won’t stay within spec.
    The "new" version is not adjustable.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    According to the Army the triggers since the October 08 fix are fine.

The only ones that have been of issue have not been returned for the swap (about 300 guns still in fleet have not been fixed).

Major issue on the adjustable trigger is carbon buildup under the front of the sear and disconnect arms - that has a tendency to through it out of adjustment.
    Admittedly this is usually only noticed on guns used more as a Battle Rifle than a sniper gun, or are not cleaned at all.
    This has been an internally discovered issue from our testing, and from some trainers, but has never been raised as a Big Army problem.

We do have an ECP in for our Drop In Trigger (non Adjustable) if the Army accepts it, well I am not holding my breath.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    According to the Army the triggers since the October 08 fix are fine.

The only ones that have been of issue have not been returned for the swap (about 300 guns still in fleet have not been fixed).

Major issue on the adjustable trigger is carbon buildup under the front of the sear and disconnect arms - that has a tendency to through it out of adjustment.
    Admittedly this is usually only noticed on guns used more as a Battle Rifle than a sniper gun, or are not cleaned at all.
    This has been an internally discovered issue from our testing, and from some trainers, but has never been raised as a Big Army problem.

We do have an ECP in for our Drop In Trigger (non Adjustable) if the Army accepts it, well I am not holding my breath.
    Yes I was there when we sent every M110 we had back to you guys for the first "fix" and we have still had trigger problems.
    last company I checked had 1/4 of the guns fail trigger pull 3 where to light and one factory new gun had a 7 lbs trigger. If you consider that Crane replaced the original knights triggers with accuracy speaks in the Mk12's and then Geissele in both the Mk12 and Mk11 series of rifles and then your failed attempt at a trigger the first time around with the M110. why then didn't you people put a trigger in the m110 that had a proven track record for reliability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

While I love to go round and round on the internet with some anonymous poster, email me if you have issues, put in a PQDR if your serious.

Fact of the matter is, the Army has no reported trigger issues since the October 08 issues. If no one uses the proper reporting methods we the company do not gain data. No offense to you but we have seen a number of reported issues disappear when we send a team out to help, and if there is an issue like we have with a few of the first MARSOC M110K1's like the first Mk11 Mod0's - we fix it fast.

The Only Mk11 Mod2's we put Geissele triggers (Qty 12 furnished GFE) in registered in at over 6lbs and Crane stopped that, at least at the factory.

Crane and the USMC still buy the FA trigger for Mk12's.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post

IF I had spec'd a reticle for the optic - I would have put a donut in the reticle much like the H27D so you could have a clear defined aiming point at min magnification.

But I'm just me, fat guy behind a keyboard stuck in Excel hell.
    Like this? This is a reticle that I worked up for this kind of application a while back. I'm not sure how I feel about the hollow circle business with the H27, but I've never used one so who knows.

Last edited by a0cake; 02-01-13 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hey man. I have a very similure drawing in my DMR files.

In a FFP optic I also was using the outer bold portions to ceate a aiming bracket like a inverted German #4 reticle. Think of the S&B CQB mixed with their P3L/P4L reticles. As you zoomed up they would disappair.

1x8, covered turrets, with a SFP 4 MOA Aimpoint Advanced Circuit Efficiency Technology (ACET) dot. 30mm a large adjusting mech like the "CAT" tails used on 3 gun rifles.

Come on optics MFG's go beat down Aimpoint to let you use their damn tech to make this.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    Hey man. I have a very similure drawing in my DMR files.

In a FFP optic I also was using the outer bold portions to ceate a aiming bracket like a inverted German #4 reticle. Think of the S&B CQB mixed with their P3L/P4L reticles. As you zoomed up they would disappair.

1x8, covered turrets, with a SFP 4 MOA Aimpoint Advanced Circuit Efficiency Technology (ACET) dot. 30mm a large adjusting mech like the "CAT" tails used on 3 gun rifles.

Come on optics MFG's go beat down Aimpoint to let you use their damn tech to make this.
    That sounds interesting. I'd be interested in taking a look at it, as I can't quite picture it based on the description.

I've often wondered myself if it's possible to use the Aimpoint tech in an optic like this. You could just turn it off when not needed and have a fine crosshair for quartering targets. That's the downside of the illuminated reticle: you almost have to have some kind of bold dot in the middle for acquisition purposes at low magnification, but you inevitably sacrifice precision when you're using the main crosshair for aiming and dialing elevation. But then again, it's too easy on my reticle, for example, to simply dial one or two less MILS and hold on the fine crosshairs one or two MILS down. And you'll be holding elevation and wind the vast majority of the time anyway. Even still, an Aimpoint dot would definitely be a better solution, I think.
    Last edited by a0cake; 02-01-13 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    One would think that from a purely business standpoint this would be really advantageous to Aimpoint since all they would have to do is license their technology out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    AOcake,

It's fundamentaly no different that your drawing. Just think of you outer bold reticle points as aiming aids at low power. Your fine stadia ghost out below about 2.5x. Basicly its a reticle within a reticle, depending on the power. We can split the IP fee's on the patent if we can get it to scale.

S&B P3

This is one of several variations that I have done on various exsisting optics. Your design has preety much the same format.

From my limited experiance with FFP optics I found the reticles are more focused on the high power precision aspects of the reticle, than using them at low power, fast at close range. With my old assed eyes on some optis at 1x I couldn't even see the reticle with the illum on. The theroy is that the outer posts give you a quick ablity to bracket the target even if the battery is out, while as you dail up the magnification the ranging reticle portion becomes more visible and the #4 posts are dialed out.

Realy on old concept, applied againt new tech.

I can't seem to find it, but I thought I saw that the Leupold Mark VI's have the SFP red dot illumination. The S&B 1-8's do have a SFP red dot:

The extreme magnification range has considerably expanded the scope's range of applications. The fine reticle in the first focal plane permits precise firing up to a distance of 800 m. Due to the ShortDot in the second focal plane the model may be used like a red dot sight at short distances – the red dot will not follow the magnification.
    Last edited by DMR; 02-01-13 at 22:31.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Like this? This is a reticle that I worked up for this kind of application a while back. I'm not sure how I feel about the hollow circle business with the H27, but I've never used one so who knows.

Get rid of the horizontal stadia on the lower part and go with something like the Gen2XR and I'd take that in a 1-6/8 all day long.

If they had put the Gen2XR in the Premier 1-8 they were talking about I would have bought 3 of them day one. SFP red dot plus usable FFP reticle w/holds should be damn near invincible. With all of the excellent reticle designs out these days, I don't know why someone would settle for a bog standard mil-dot.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast