Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bronze star recipient defending his home shot by responders

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Family of dead hostage shot by LAPD filed suit:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/totally...files-lawsuit/

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    The intruder who was shot:

Dajon Harper, a 26-year-old known gang member,
    Harper has a long criminal history. He was convicted of aggravated motor vehicle theft at age 14,
    According to documents obtained by 9Wants to Know, Harper was arrested and convicted multiple times as a juvenile – for theft in 2003, when he would have turned 11, theft and aggravated motor vehicle theft in 2006, and robbery in 2009.
    criminal record starting at 18, with charges that include trespassing, distribution of dangerous drugs, child abuse, attempted murder, domestic violence, assaulting a peace officer and theft.
    Harper first entered the state prison system as an adult in 2012 after a conviction of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, according to state DOC records. That began a series of – he was released on parole later that year, moved back into a community corrections center in 2013, released on parole again, accused of absconding, put back in jail and finally finished his sentence in that case in October 2013.

He went to prison again in 2014 after being convicted of menacing, was paroled in 2016, had his parole revoked in 2017 and was released from prison Feb. 14.
    The local news last night had that some of these charges were plead down from attempted murder.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    News gets worse... Apparently the vet was handcuffed after being shot with the implication there was no first aid.

Perp's mom was in the house yelling

Son indicating all the cases recovered were outside the house and that the shots were from outside into the doorway.

Then the kids dad and wife of the shot vet were put in the same room with the dead perps family...

Supposedly the officers had bodycams, going to be interesting to see the footage. But still tragic regardless.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 08-02-18 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Well stated. The below does not correlate directly with the mentioned incident, but is meant in a generic context that some will still be too ignorant to understand.

I can tell people right now, that being in the right doesn't make much difference when you call the police (or MIL), because when weapons are out on both sides, tensions run high. When weapons are involved, the THREATS ARE ALWAYS DEALT WITH FIRST.

I've been blessed to always run with a professional squad, in both uniforms and careers. The flip side is that I've also been mistaken more than once for a violent suspect, yet I'm still alive after being confronted by LE who didn't know me.
    I dunno, “intruder in a suburban house” seems somewhat straightforward, at least to the extent that likely a majority of the people encountered on scene will NOT be the ones who might need to be shot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    I dunno, “intruder in a suburban house” seems somewhat straightforward, at least to the extent that likely a majority of the people encountered on scene will NOT be the ones who might need to be shot.
    My last good friend at the PD retired last year so I don’t know any of the officers anymore or what type of training they are getting. But it seems to me, at least in the incidents that make the news, it is like shoot first and figure it out later. Guy with a gun (or perceived gun)= bad guy, light him up. If I had shot everyone I encountered with a weapon everyone on this board would know me by first name.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I read he shined his flashlight at the officer...officer tells him to put down the weapon from outside....noncompliance...officer then shoots guy with gun. Vet is supposed to have bad hearing ??? and if he just wrestled with a guy in the bathroom and fired several shots....I know my ears would be ringing like hell.

The chief is calling it a good shoot ? based on him not complying ??

Rule #1 don't call the police until its all over.
    Rule #2 If you do make that call either you kill the perp...or he is going get you...or the officer will.

I watched the vid in cali with the hostage....I was speechless when they all started shooting.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The intruder who was shot:

Dajon Harper, a 26-year-old known gang member,

Harper has a long criminal history. He was convicted of aggravated motor vehicle theft at age 14,

According to documents obtained by 9Wants to Know, Harper was arrested and convicted multiple times as a juvenile – for theft in 2003, when he would have turned 11, theft and aggravated motor vehicle theft in 2006, and robbery in 2009.

criminal record starting at 18, with charges that include trespassing, distribution of dangerous drugs, child abuse, attempted murder, domestic violence, assaulting a peace officer and theft.

Harper first entered the state prison system as an adult in 2012 after a conviction of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, according to state DOC records. That began a series of – he was released on parole later that year, moved back into a community corrections center in 2013, released on parole again, accused of absconding, put back in jail and finally finished his sentence in that case in October 2013.

He went to prison again in 2014 after being convicted of menacing, was paroled in 2016, had his parole revoked in 2017 and was released from prison Feb. 14.
    The local news last night had that some of these charges were plead down from attempted murder.
    I ain't uh shoot'n a no ones over my TeeVeh or muh propuhtee!

I suppose the naked gentleman could have let himself into the home to tell them about the good news of Joseph Smith, or sign them up as his Amway downline, or ask to borrow a cup of sugar, or . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    I read he shined his flashlight at the officer...officer tells him to put down the weapon from outside....noncompliance...officer then shoots guy with gun. Vet is supposed to have bad hearing ??? and if he just wrestled with a guy in the bathroom and fired several shots....I know my ears would be ringing like hell.

The chief is calling it a good shoot ? based on him not complying ??

Rule #1 don't call the police until its all over.
    Rule #2 If you do make that call either you kill the perp...or he is going get you...or the officer will.

I watched the vid in cali with the hostage....I was speechless when they all started shooting.
    I'll never understand why someone would take the time to place a phone call and play twenty questions with dispatch until AFTER they secured their residence to ensure their families wellbeing. Unless your a childless bachelor living in Wayne Manor I don't see how anyone has the luxury of time, space, and distance not to give it the the old "locate, close with, and destroy" errr I mean ask them politely to vacate the premises.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I ever have to shoot someone in my house, I’ll be calling 911 from an undisclosed location.

I’ll have ServPro clean up the mess.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    I’ll have ServPro clean up the mess.
    Once upon a time a former colleague of mine and I were tossing around the idea of starting a biohazard cleanup service.

$$$$$$
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Once upon a time a former colleague of mine and I were tossing around the idea of starting a biohazard cleanup service.

$$$$$$
    Billing, yes.

Collecting, probably not so much

The money would be in the book you could write afterwards.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast