Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR FOR MAGPUL MAC 10-12 MAY at CAMP ARES (ATS FACILITY) - ALTHA, FL (no 56k)

Feedback Score

AAR FOR MAGPUL MAC 10-12 MAY at CAMP ARES (ATS FACILITY) - ALTHA, FL (no 56k)

AAR is currently WIP. We just had enough time to data dump 45 mins of video and 800 photos taken at this 3 day course.

For now - here are the pictures, the AAR will be a joint written assessment between I and 2 others who were there.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Night Fire Excercise:

Feedback Score
    Man, I wish I could have been there.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Travis and Chris will grab you by the bug out handle, and push you out of your comfort zone. The course was fast paced and intense. We shot A LOT with the reaction side. This is something I know is extreamly important, but I still don't do it that often. (if ever!)
    The first drill every morning is a standards type of drill. It began at my favorite yard line (5M), and ended at about the 90 (?). In this way, you always had a good idea of how you were shooting, and weather or not you are improveing. The shot timer was right there all the time.
    It seemed when ever I did anything sub-standard, one of the instructors were right there behind me, gently makeing suggestions in my ear pro.
    I'm not any good at writing formal AARs and won't even try. What I will say is that I was VERY impressed with the conduct of the course and the drop dead professionalism of the two instructors. Not only were they extreamly competent and knowlageable, but they were just plain good guys with a good sence of humor.

If I leave a "shooting school" thinking about possible changes in how I do things, the class was MORE then worth it.

Highlights for me-
    o Reaction side shooting.(and a lot of it, brother)
    o One handed carbine reloads and stoppage clearance.(both hands)
    o The night shoot.
    o Buddy team shoots and fire and menuver.
    o Getting to train with the U.S. Marshals!
    o Travis and Chris in Magpul T-shirts, Ranger panties and flip flops.(if only they had been holding hands )
    o Any other time we were shooting stuff.

Low lights of the class-
    o I wished I had brought my Man Gun.
    o That is me FAILING to shut the door after I getting out of the car.

I'm sure there will be more to follow. I'm looking forward to the next class with these two.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I thought I was the only guy who rocked the tactical Carhartts!

I can't wait to get in on a MagPul class!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    Travis and Chris will grab you by the bug out handle, and push you out of your comfort zone. The course was fast paced and intense. We shot A LOT with the reaction side. This is something I know is extreamly important, but I still don't do it that often. (if ever!)
    The first drill every morning is a standards type of drill. It began at my favorite yard line (5M), and ended at about the 90 (?). In this way, you always had a good idea of how you were shooting, and weather or not you are improveing. The shot timer was right there all the time.
    It seemed when ever I did anything sub-standard, one of the instructors were right there behind me, gently makeing suggestions in my ear pro.
    I'm not any good at writing formal AARs and won't even try. What I will say is that I was VERY impressed with the conduct of the course and the drop dead professionalism of the two instructors. Not only were they extreamly competent and knowlageable, but they were just plain good guys with a good sence of humor.

If I leave a "shooting school" thinking about possible changes in how I do things, the class was MORE then worth it.

Highlights for me-
    o Reaction side shooting.(and a lot of it, brother)
    o One handed carbine reloads and stoppage clearance.(both hands)
    o The night shoot.
    o Buddy team shoots and fire and menuver.
    o Getting to train with the U.S. Marshals!
    o Travis and Chris in Magpul T-shirts, Ranger panties and flip flops.(if only they had been holding hands )
    o Any other time we were shooting stuff.

Low lights of the class-
    o I wished I had brought my Man Gun.
    o That is me FAILING to shut the door after I getting out of the car.

I'm sure there will be more to follow. I'm looking forward to the next class with these two.

Dont let Matt kid you....he often set the standard for the class....wether or not it was at the 5yard line or 90yard line...

Matt on a speed reload:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Edwards View Post
    We shot A LOT with the reaction side.
    I'm not familiar with this term. Please explain.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I'm not familiar with this term. Please explain.
    Weak side, support side, etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast