Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for soldiers about vaccination

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its an experimental vaccine and voluntary consent is required to administer it. That is one of the conditions that the FDA placed when they granted emergency approval.

Andy

So was anthrax, botulinum, smallpox, and pyridostimine bromide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

I know I got a few of those, maybe all. Nobody asked us. "Get in line; name, ssn, payroll sig on the form once you get stung; make sure S-1 can read it or you'll end up getting it again."
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I know I got a few of those, maybe all. Nobody asked us. "Get in line; name, ssn, payroll sig on the form once you get stung; make sure S-1 can read it or you'll end up getting it again."
    Delivered by nice gentlemen in sterile BDUs and Ray-Bans driving a HMMWV with no bumper numbers.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

We all got anthrax; some of us got small pox. No one I knew got botulism vax (worthless), and although we had the pyridostigmine pills, I told my guys to not take it unless I told them (which I never did).

Feedback Score

I don’t believe the anthrax or smallpox are under any emergency approval and have been around for quite a while.

Also, the anthrax vaccination stopped for a few years after some people made some noise and the .mil had to figure out some legalities.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Smallpox was the 1st recorded vaccine (1800s common use). World-wide smallpox vaccinations started in 1959.

.Mil screwed the pooch on Anthrax. I started the series twice but never finished. Anthrax vaccine was licensed in the 1970s.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-14-21 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Smallpox was the 1st recorded vaccine (1800s common use). World-wide smallpox vaccinations started in 1959.

.Mil screwed the pooch on Anthrax. I started the series twice but never finished. Anthrax vaccine was licensed in the 1970s.
    I had all of the anthrax vax; it seemed each shot was worse than the one before.

Before smallpox vax, a physician would make a cut on an individual's arm, take a small 'dab' of blood from someone infected with smallpox, and put that 'dab' into the healthy subject to create antibodies. It usually worked; sometimes didn't and the person would get it and die. The healthy recipient would usually get quite sick for a few days before recovering.

Feedback Score
    They definitely started it back up a while ago. I’m on “boosters”, only if I have to deploy at this point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buddy of mine just called & said the 1st pfizer put him in the hospital for a week...got the shot in the AM & admitted in the PM. He's retired & only got it cuz he didn't want any hassles traveling / wife was nagging him. Said they ran every test imaginable including a spinal tap & he's otherwise perfectly healthy. He was here a month ago doing a 4473 & the wife & I gave our $0.02 about avoiding it short term.

The other vacs status thread thinks they halted the jj over 6 clots when multiple states have halted the jj in recent weeks due to adverse reactions...I would post this 411 over there but dissent / negativity to vacs is frowned upon. Sorry for the hijack & I would wager it's a lot more than 40% of Devil Dogs who are refusing the jab.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    We all got anthrax; some of us got small pox. No one I knew got botulism vax (worthless), and although we had the pyridostigmine pills, I told my guys to not take it unless I told them (which I never did).
    2ACR got all three in DS. It wasn’t voluntary. The PB tablets were command enforced because of the threat we faced.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast