Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory Nitride Freedom M4 Carbine Review

Feedback Score
    I own a psa, i use it and beat the crap out of it with cheap ammo. I have higher end ar's also. But for the price. I can take camping on a mountain in maine for a week. and get it soaked from rain and snow. Drop it in a stream. Much rather do that with a 400 dollar ar-15 then a 1500 dollar colt. So far, that PSA has been 100 percent reliable.

Feedback Score
    I can get onboard with that. However, the real problem is more nuanced. I know, and have known, plenty of prospective buyers who have the money but cheap out anyway because they see the black rifles all looks the same. KAC, Anderson. Same thing to them. But yeah, I never cared for ostracizing someone because Brand X is all they can afford. The guy in the other thread mentioned three uncommon AR brands and then said if he wanted to spend more he'd go with LWRC. That supports my point.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Truth bomb: some folks have to pinch pennies to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights.

Someone that has an AR, even if they rarely if ever shoot it is more than likely aligned with our way of thinking about an AWB, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Who buys a $500 AR15?

The people who are going to shoot milspec 5.56x45 at $0.30-0.50/rd, .223 Rem target loads at $0.20-0.25/rd, or <GASP> ComBlok Steel case at $0.18-0.20/rd?

Yeah, they buy the cheap stuff. Add the Tasco red dot, with the ProMag 30rd and the $20 bipod.

Also typically people who have never shot an AR15 before, so a little more 'thump' doesn't matter for the 50/rds a year they fire it, then don't clean or lube it for 10 years.
    This. PSA makes fudd guns. And good on them, they're obviously doing well. For every discerning AR guy, there are 50 fudds. Quantity over quality. Capitalism, baby.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I own a psa, i use it and beat the crap out of it with cheap ammo. I have higher end ar's also. But for the price. I can take camping on a mountain in maine for a week. and get it soaked from rain and snow. Drop it in a stream. Much rather do that with a 400 dollar ar-15 then a 1500 dollar colt. So far, that PSA has been 100 percent reliable.
    Thank you for that. As an owner of both, where exactly do you see differences between your Colts and the PSA? Fit and finish? Components used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saywhen11 View Post
    This. PSA makes fudd guns. And good on them, they're obviously doing well. For every discerning AR guy, there are 50 fudds. Quantity over quality. Capitalism, baby.

Because people call everything they don’t like “Fudd”, the insult has lost its original meaning, much like “Snowflake”. Which disappoints me greatly. Fudd’s don’t touch black guns of any sort and are known for their willingness to allow black guns to be legislated against. They are the same people giving you dirty looks a few years back, not because you were doing anything wrong, or because your gun was loud, but because “why do you need that to shoot a deer?”.

Please stop calling PSA Fudd, so I can continue to use the term to belittle the correct people.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Then why own anything else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Thank you for that. As an owner of both, where exactly do you see differences between your Colts and the PSA? Fit and finish? Components used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I notice the finish on the barrel od the PSA is shiny compared to the colt, not sure what the finish is called, the handguards feel cheap and flimsy. butt stock feels the same way. Besides that, they look/feel the same (specs aside). Never compared other parts side by side. But i shot them side by side. At 100 yards, they shot the same.

Feedback Score
    Because i have the other ones for when i need them, for when my life will count on it. Different rifles for different needs. Plus when i am gone, the other one is loaded for the wife while i am not there.

This is a response to Tehpwnag3, i forgot to quote it.
    Last edited by robbins290; 08-13-19 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    Fair enough.

Because i have the other ones for when i need them, for when my life will count on it. Different rifles for different needs. Plus when i am gone, the other one is loaded for the wife while i am not there.

This is a response to Tehpwnag3, i forgot to quote it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Because people call everything they don’t like “Fudd”, the insult has lost its original meaning, much like “Snowflake”. Which disappoints me greatly. Fudd’s don’t touch black guns of any sort and are known for their willingness to allow black guns to be legislated against. They are the same people giving you dirty looks a few years back, not because you were doing anything wrong, or because your gun was loud, but because “why do you need that to shoot a deer?”.

Please stop calling PSA Fudd, so I can continue to use the term to belittle the correct people.
    Don't really feel like having a semantics based argument with a rando on the internet, so you can have the last word if its that important to you. Fudds come in all shapes and sizes, to include people that buy an AR to shoot a pile of dirt with 10 yards away. That is PSAs bread and butter. Guns to shoot dirt with. Might yell "Yeet" afterwards.

I don't have anything against PSA at all, nor do I "dislike" them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast