Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dependable BCG. Which one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Thanks man, they look great 👍
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Per popular request...
    Well, that escalated quickly...

Now I have or have ordered: a Centurion F-15 lower, a stripped/blem BCM upper, a 16" BRT Optimum MPR barrel (with gas block, tube, and Covert Comp) a BRT left side marked BCG. I swear last month I told my wife I needed another AR like I need a hole in my head.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-07-21 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    Ordered! Looks awesome. Thanks for the work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Well, that escalated quickly...

Now I have or have ordered: a Centurion F-15 lower, a stripped/blem BCM upper, a 16" BRT Optimum MPR barrel (with gas block, tube, and Covert Comp), a BRT left side marked BCG. I swear last month I told my wife I needed another AR like I need a hole in my head.

Andy
    Guessing you bought it all at close to the top of market price as well if you bought recently.

You not only bought stuff you didn't 'need' - You paid a hell of a premium to buy it all.

You got to pat yourself on the back twice at least.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Guessing you bought it all at close to the top of market price as well if you bought recently.

You not only bought stuff you didn't 'need' - You paid a hell of a premium to buy it all.

You got to pat yourself on the back twice at least.
    Prices have dropped and I did not pay much more than what equal quality parts have run for the past 4 years or so.

A "hell of a premium" is not really accurate, but I appreciate your viewpoint.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Prices have dropped and I did not pay much more than what equal quality parts have run for the past 4 years or so.
    Finished all of my last minute shopping a good 6mos before the last election and have a good grasp on what prices used to be then and for most of the time Trump was in office.

Not sure what you found that has dropped back down to those price levels and seriously doubt prices will ever get that low again.

In my opinion the Trump years (in office) truly were the 'buy it cheap and stack it deep' years.

Good luck with your upcoming build as your parts all arrive sir.

Feedback Score
    I dislike the sear block/weird bcg/large pin Colt guns, but I wouldn't modify one. I would either run it as is or sell it unmolested and buy a different rifle.
    Not going to lie. I DID take mine to a gunsmith many years ago and have him fix the turd of a trigger. Not sure exactly what he did as zero parts were swapped (positive of this) but damned if that guy did not perform a miracle. Smooth as glass and a consistent 3 1/4lb break every time. Zero reliability issues with mil primers / ammo...

The stock trigger (after having been 'fixed' by that gunsmith) feels better than the nice adjustable and reduced weight spring setup I have for the same lower.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Not going to lie. I DID take mine to a gunsmith many years ago and have him fix the turd of a trigger. Not sure exactly what he did as zero parts were swapped (positive of this) but damned if that guy did not perform a miracle. Smooth as glass and a consistent 3 1/4lb break every time. Zero reliability issues with mil primers / ammo...

The stock trigger (after having been 'fixed' by that gunsmith) feels better than the nice adjustable and reduced weight spring setup I have for the same lower.
    I was thinking more of grinding the sear block. I'm in the middle of a 1903 Springfield project that would have been child's play if someone had not modified it.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Any BCG from a reputable company is most likely gtg; e.g. BCM, Colt, LMT, DD, Sionics, SOLGW, Centurion, etc.

As long as it meets the specs, e.g. Car 158, HP/MPI, staked, etc.

Watch some SOTAR videos and you will get a good idea what to look for.

My new go to for BCGs is the Sionics NP3 variant. The NP3 holds up well, slicker, and Sionics has excellent staking and uses OCKs screws.
    Last edited by Endur; 07-07-21 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    How does the group feel about LANTAC BCGs?
    Last edited by wrecktum; 10-01-21 at 17:31.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast