Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How many States have you been to?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

How many States have you been to?

23 left! I flew to Utah in 2002 to work at the Winter Olympics as a Law Enforcement Volunteer. That was very Cool. I flew to New Mexico last June for the 70th anniversary of the “Roswell Incident” that was goofy but fun.

The rest have been road trips. In 1991 my ‘82 Rabbit, a 4 speed, was in 3rd gear through much of Colarado!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 06-11-18 at 21:53.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Only 5:
    SC, GA, TN, FL, NC. My favorite that I don't live in is TN. I love the TN and NC mountains.

I'm not much of a traveler. I've never left the southeast outside of my honeymoon. I'm dying to get out west one day though.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 06-12-18 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    In high school I tried to drive across the entire country on State Route 50. My friend and I got about four states out and just said, F' it and went back home. Our enthusiasm ended completely about halfway across Kansas when we decided to turn around. Kansas was just boring, completely boring and depressing. I don't know what it was about that state but once we saw it, we didn't want to keep going.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    In high school I tried to drive across the entire country on State Route 50. My friend and I got about four states out and just said, F' it and went back home. Our enthusiasm ended completely about halfway across Kansas when we decided to turn around. Kansas was just boring, completely boring and depressing. I don't know what it was about that state but once we saw it, we didn't want to keep going.
    Should'a done Route 66 instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Should'a done Route 66 instead.

Well state route 50 runs coast to coast, that was the plan, go out to California, then head back and hit the East coast. We only had something like $300 with us, some camping gear, and snacks. Not sure if we would have made it but gas was cheap back then and we were skinny high school kids so we didn't eat much.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-12-18 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Well state route 50 runs coast to coast, that was the plan, go out to California, then head back and hit the East coast. We only had something like $300 with us, some camping gear, and snacks. Not sure if we would have made it but gas was cheap back then and we were skinny high school kids so we didn't eat much.
    Take 50 until it intersected with 66, turn left. I didn't do it either. In HS we talked about doing it, but never did. Missed opportunity. Got too many of those in my life.
    I only have 1 more state to go to have visited all of them and I am not going to miss this opportunity. Already have the ticket bought for later this year.
    Last edited by austinN4; 06-12-18 at 10:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Take 50 until it intersected with 66, turn left. I didn't do it either, but in HS we talked about doing it, but never did. Missed opportunity.

We gave it a valiant effort. I think if we kept going, we might have run out of money at some point and would have been cannibalized by hobos.

Feedback Score
    PA, MD, NJ, DE, WV, OH, KY, TN, AR and TX.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Texas
    Florida
    Tennessee
    N Carolina
    S Carolina
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Wisconsin
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Every state East of the Mississippi, and 7 West of it... whatever that adds up to.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast